Currently 28+ weeks pregnant looking for fellow pregnant friends

Options
MrsH2016
MrsH2016 Posts: 17 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
As the title suggests, I'm due in early April and this will be my second child.
I said to myself that with this pregnancy I wouldn't gain so much weight like I did with my first (46lbs) and I'm up 26lb already. I wouldn't mind so much if I was being healthy but I can safely say I'm about 30% healthy - 70% not!!
So, please feel free to add me or leave a line on here and I'll add you :)

Replies

• Hurricane_C
    Hurricane_C Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm also pregnant with #2 and am wanting to gain less this time and stay in better shape. I gained about 30-35 with my first, but was overweight when I got pregnant. This time around I'd lost all of the baby weight plus 20-25 (depending on the day) so I feel like I started in a better place. With morning sickness striking hard I haven't gained anything yet - currently 18w5d. I've upped my calories and have started eating higher calorie foods and that is a weird concept! Its so hard to switch my brain over to maintain/gain mode. As far as exercise, I'm trying to just walk more - hit my 10K steps or close to it. Chasing that 18 month old is so tiring!
  • superwoman1023
    superwoman1023 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm due in June and I completely understand what you are going through. I'm on my third child and didn't want to gain too much weight and already gained close to 20 at 19 weeks. I want to be more active but I'm so tired all the time so I came back to my fitness pal in an effort to eat better. Any support or advice would be helpful. I will add you as a friend.
  • MrsH2016
    Options
    Hi ladies, I've sent you both a friend request :)
  • chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm due April 9 : )
  • tlmhiebert1985
    tlmhiebert1985 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I just had my son 4 weeks ago, second child as well. I gained 50lbs during my first pregnancy and didn't want to do the same, so I exercised everyday and ate as healthy as possible & managed to only gain 25lbs this time! Unfortunately I didn't lose much after giving birth. Started working out again just 2 days ago and 11 days for watching what I eat. I also ebf my son. I've lost 6lbs so far. Looking to lose another 20lbs or so. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
  • lauradoingyoga
    lauradoingyoga Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm due March 13th. Please add me! This is my second too. My first I gained 41 lbs, then lost 55! After I weaned, I gained back to my exact prepregnancy weight. I'm at 32 weeks and gained 37 lbs so far. Feeling really run down and tired this time around. Looking forward to a Spring maternity leave.
  • saipanblondie
    saipanblondie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my first pregnancy. I'm 31 and have been overweight (obese if I go by the BMI chart lol) before I was pregnant. I am blessed with height, coming in at 5'9. So far I have only gained maybe 5 lbs and I am a day short of 25 weeks. I'm trying my best to watch what I eat but being a special education teacher comes with its stressors that do not always help. But I try to ask myself: would I want my child to eat this? If the answer is no, then of course I shouldn't eat it... Technically I'm sharing what I eat with the little one. Seeing your posts has inspired me to start thinking more about baby and less about my wants. I am living in a small island here in the Pacific ocean where culture runs deep, which brings many beliefs and customs with pregnancy. One of them being that if you crave something, eat it;it's really the baby craving it. Lol. Plus my bf, the father, comes from an even smaller island and his family also come with their traditions. I look forward to experiencing all that comes with pregnancy as I have waited a long time for it to happen. Xoxo to you all!
  • MrsH2016
    Options
    I'm due April 9 : )

Same here
  • MrsH2016
    Options
    I just had my son 4 weeks ago, second child as well. I gained 50lbs during my first pregnancy and didn't want to do the same, so I exercised everyday and ate as healthy as possible & managed to only gain 25lbs this time! Unfortunately I didn't lose much after giving birth. Started working out again just 2 days ago and 11 days for watching what I eat. I also ebf my son. I've lost 6lbs so far. Looking to lose another 20lbs or so. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

That's fantastic that you managed not to gain so much the second time around! I fear it's too late for me!
  • MrsH2016
    Options
    I'm due March 13th. Please add me! This is my second too. My first I gained 41 lbs, then lost 55! After I weaned, I gained back to my exact prepregnancy weight. I'm at 32 weeks and gained 37 lbs so far. Feeling really run down and tired this time around. Looking forward to a Spring maternity leave.

Request sent :)
    I gained 46lb with my first then lost 60lb!!
    I can only dream of being able to pull that off again, I've been so lazy for the past year or two!