Bowflex what u think?

Options
2»

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    The only time I've used a Bowflex is in a hotel gym when traveling. I'd rather do free weights at the gym but if you decide to buy one wait until February or March, there are usually a ton of them for sale on Kijiji.....let someone else take the depreciation.
  • staticsplit
    staticsplit Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a break from a gym membership until my husband finds a job again (we just moved city and it's taking a bit). I bought a cheap stationary bike from Amazon and I ride it while I watch TV. It's an easy way to squeeze in a good 40-60 minutes of cardio a day, or I mix it up with running outside. For strength, I'm doing general calisthenics or free videos on youtube or doyogawithme.com
  • Lynzdee18
    Lynzdee18 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I hate ours. My husband uses it religiously and has for about the past 10 or 12 years.

Half the year we live in an active adult community with an amazing gym. I love the exercise machines there and would love a home gym full of them. Not happening......
  • rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I would recommend what I always do for people looking to do fat burning rountines at home.....kettle bells. Lots of great fat burning HIIT workouts you can do also u can get them cheap especially used
  • slimcharm17
    slimcharm17 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Destinychngr
    Destinychngr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I agree with sabulaboys4, Navydaddjtc and TwiztedAgony - I have a Bowflex that I got about 20 weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I am working with a personal trainer that has tons of experience training clients on them, have used it constantly and am in really good shape because of that machine.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I agree with sabulaboys4, Navydaddjtc and TwiztedAgony - I have a Bowflex that I got about 20 weeks ago and I absolutely love it. I am working with a personal trainer that has tons of experience training clients on them, have used it constantly and am in really good shape because of that machine.

I have an older Xxtreme.. that I would like to start using again. Is there a specific program you use?
  • sabulaboys4
    sabulaboys4 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have been kind of following the workouts in the manual that came with it but not exactly. I think you could probably google bowflex and download manuals specific to your piece of equipment.
  • azsundancer
    azsundancer Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I have been kind of following the workouts in the manual that came with it but not exactly. I think you could probably google bowflex and download manuals specific to your piece of equipment.

Thank you for your input.. I need to look for my manual that came with.