Newbie over here! Looking for support.

Options
success313
success313 Posts: 100 Member
edited January 2017 in Getting Started
Hey there!

My name is Diana and while I am new to MFP, I am not new to the (weight loss) struggle. I am bound and determined to make my health a priority and that is why I am here.

A little bit about me...

I was successful with WW (in 2010-2011) and lost 84 pounds. However, I have since gained it ALL back and then some. The best way for me to go forward is to stop focusing on the amount to lose (it's a whole lot) and instead focus on tracking, eating healthier, and incorporating exercise. I want to get out of the "morbidly obese" category and into a healthier BMI.

I could use some words of advice, great tips, and any useful feedback on how to get back in the groove.

I look forward to reading your responses!

Replies

• JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Hi Diana!
    Well, the good news is you know you can do it, because you've done it before! Congrats on that!
    I think your plan sounds like a good plan for any of us! Good Luck!
    I've found that planning my weeks' meals and fitness routines for the whole week on Sundays works great for me! I'm prone to giving into cravings and getting lazy if I don't have a plan.

Best!
    jenny
  • amgjb
    amgjb Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Diana, always room for another friend, FR sent

Let's get this done!
  • cbrestensky
    cbrestensky Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm into my second journey losing weight again too. I lost 120 pounds previously. I had 2 more children at 39 and 41. The second was born with a congenital malformation that required several surgeries. Being a stress eater, I gained back all I had lost, plus some. I am a year and a half into losing again and have a few really good friends on MFP. A lot of people I had started out with have dropped off. I could use some more friends to help keep me motivated, but can't figure out how to send requests. If any of you are interested, send me a request. We can help each other on this weight loss mission.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Hi Diane , the secret to success is making your changes for life, it's not enough to lose weight and then go on your merryway and go back to your previous eating habits, that way it will never be for life. Stick with it everyday, if there is a bad day don't let it be one a bad week and bad month. Get right back to it the next day. Get a digital food scale and measure your fooddont use cups or spoons to measure. Good luck
  • stephanierae07
    stephanierae07 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel free to add me