Newbie from MN

Options
Hello All,

I am making the switch from WW to MFP because I need to start saving money. I have been doing WW since October and have lost 15lbs, but for the last couple of months I have been at a stand still. Needing to try something new (and even better - free), I joined MFP. So far I am loving that I can keep track of things on my phone and it really is eye opening to see the amount of calories in the foods I eat.

I have about 60 pounds I would like to lose and I know I can do it, but it is just going to take time.

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    let me the first to say welcome. I am also from Minnesota.
  • MeliF
    MeliF Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am also living in MN. You will enjoy MFP - there are so many awesome, helpful and supportive people here!
  • boringdanielle
    boringdanielle Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I just started also. It seem like a great tool to help lose weight. I hope we are both sucessful!! Good luck!
  • lejess
    lejess Posts: 63
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great! You wont be disappointed.

I am also from MN....are any of you other MN peeps in the Twin Cities area? Anyone interested in a local meet up type thing? Maybe schedule some workouts or something fun?
  • oldscratch
    oldscratch Posts: 146
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!!
  • kimmeyjo
    kimmeyjo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will love this wesite. I have been on here for 2 1/2 weeks now and have lost 12lbs. The support and motivation this site offers is priceless. Congratulations on choosing MFP! You won't regret it. Good Luck!!
  • BeautyFromWithin
    BeautyFromWithin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Im a Minnesotan tooooo! :)

I also made the switch from ww to mfp.

Good luck with everything! Feel free to add me as a friend for support.
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    Hello and welcome from a neighbor in Western Wisconsin!
  • bode64
    bode64 Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome!! I am so glad a co-worker told me about this site! I love it! I am also from MN. (south central GERMAN town)
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome from St Paul. I did WW too and have much more success with MFP. Good luck on your journey!
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    SE MN girl, here! I'm living in Winona :) Hope you like the site! Feel free to add me :)
    (Don't let my profile pic scare you!!!)
  • piquilter
    piquilter Posts: 119
    Options
    Just another MN resident of MFP :happy: I live in SE MN, small town. I also switched from WW to MFP, not only the money, but I wanted to see what kind of nutrition I was getting. At the time my cholesterol had gone south from bad habits. MFP helped me fix it in no time. If you want another MN friend feel free to add me.
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    Hey! I'm from Wisconsin, but right on the border of MN! If you'd like feel free to add me :) I used to do WW too, but Just wasn't getting the results that I wanted. I just joined MFP but I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! It's great :)
  • Quierstina
    Quierstina Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place :smile:

-A fellow Minnesotan
  • JackiSto
    JackiSto Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Woot for MN! Representing central MN here. :)
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I live near Fergus Falls, MN or about an hour south of Fargo/Moorhead area.
  • Stacyrad
    Stacyrad Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also new to this site and from MN. I am from Central MN. I love this so far....I have noticed it is easy to track meals and snacks. It helps detour me from snacking at night.