Having trouble getting all my calories in :(

Options
So I just recently started logging my meals. I am so frustrated, because even though I am full I am still below 1000 calories, unless I have a cheat or something. It says I am suppose to have 2070 calories.. How is this even possible if I am already feeling full by what I am eating? Any advice would be great. thank you.

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Eat more calorie dense foods.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Eat foods with more calories. Or work in a dessert (ice cream is a great filler that's not filling).
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    It's a funny thing when one starts to actually pay attention to what one eats and how much, one starts recognizing satiaty. As oppose to mindless eating. This happened to me too.

Work in some olive oil, peanut butter or a treat here and there as mentioned above.

Have you cut out some favorites? You may be able to introduce them.
  • Bonniev4071
    Bonniev4071 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I should have made myself more clear.. when referring to cheats, I should have said eating fast food. I am slowly repairing my food relationship.main reason that I changed my eating habits to healthier foods.. guess I am just trying to wrap my head around why so many calories.. Like I stated.. just getting into the counting calories, so just trying to wrap my head around it all.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of healthy high calorie foods, you don't have to eat junk food to get there.

Check out this thread
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I should have made myself more clear.. when referring to cheats, I should have said eating fast food. I am slowly repairing my food relationship.main reason that I changed my eating habits to healthier foods.. guess I am just trying to wrap my head around why so many calories.. Like I stated.. just getting into the counting calories, so just trying to wrap my head around it all.

Nothing wrong with fast food.
  • Bonniev4071
    Options
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    I see a lot of threads like this. I seriously would love to see the diaries of folks that say they are full at 1000 calories. It would sure help me to know exactly what they are eating.

Mine should be public
  • Bonniev4071
    Options
    There are plenty of healthy high calorie foods, you don't have to eat junk food to get there.

Check out this thread
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods

Thank you, will check it out :)
  • jre01
    jre01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add more calorie dense foods, full fat dairy, avocado, nuts and nut butters.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I see a lot of threads like this. I seriously would love to see the diaries of folks that say they are full at 1000 calories. It would sure help me to know exactly what they are eating.

Mine should be public

It's not at this time.

• beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    First, congratulations on starting this journey to repair your relationship with food.

Mindful eating will help you to feel fuller with fewer calories. However, often at the beginning of a weight loss journey people think they feel full when they really aren't. This can lead to binging later on, if you are not careful.

Another reason you may be feeling fuller is because when eating healthier, you are likely getting more protein and fiber. These two things really help to fill you up. However, make sure you are also getting healthy fats. Those will add in calories without filling you up. For example, add some olive oil to your salad; cook a stir fry in coconut oil; add avocado to your salad or sandwich; etc.

Also, I wouldn't consider fast food a "cheat." I don't consider anything a cheat. Considering things a cheat often makes them a trigger. Your lifestyle may be different than mine. In mine, there are days where I basically have no choice, but to stop for some type of fast food (or eat another meal replacement bar). I've made that work for me. I've lost weight and gotten healthier (better cholesterol, lower blood pressure, etc.), while still having the occasional fast food burger and fries or even a shake.

In short, I would start by adding in healthy fats. Your body needs them and they'll add calories without filling you up. However, if you start having a craving, it's fine to eat a "cheat" once in a while.
  • Bonniev4071
    Options

Mine should be public

It's not at this time.

hmm let me see if I can change it.. I thought it was
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    OP: Are you absolutely certain that you are eating less than a 1000 calories a day? How are you measuring your intake?

If you open your diary we might be able to help. :)
  • Bonniev4071
    Options
    Just to add, I often struggle to keep my calories under 2000. I very rarely have take away/junk food or go out to dinner.

ETA: Bonnie, your diary is not public, go here to change it http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

I think I just fixed that.. let me know if you can see it please.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Just to add, I often struggle to keep my calories under 2000. I very rarely have take away/junk food or go out to dinner.

ETA: Bonnie, your diary is not public, go here to change it http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings

I think I just fixed that.. let me know if you can see it please.

Yes, it's open now.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you are nt logging your food correctly. learn how to use a food scale