Starvation Mode!!!!!

Options
I am wondering if I am putting myself in starvation mode, I have my goals set at 2lbs a week which gives me 1200 calories a day and then I eat whatever I get from working out, BUT I have only lost 5lbs since May 18.

Replies

• joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if I am putting myself in starvation mode, I have my goals set at 2lbs a week which gives me 1200 calories a day and then I eat whatever I get from working out, BUT I have only lost 5lbs since May 18.

If your goal is to lose 2lbs per week and it gives you 1200 calories a day, then your maintenance should be 2200 calories a day, which depending on your daily lifestyle could be pretty accurate.
  • kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You're probably not putting yourself in starvation mode, if you're eating back your exercise calories. Perhaps you're just at a plateau.
  • Carie1972
    Carie1972 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I wonder this same thing! I, too, am allowed 1200. It seems I don't lose a pound until I give up and eat closer to 2000. Then that inspires me to eat less again...same thing happens. Isn't it frustrating????
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Strange as it sounds, if this has been going on for a while, try and take a few days off from exercise so you can let your body reset and then shock it all over again. Same thing with your calories. Get a "cheat" day in once a week to fool your metabolism the way you would the rest of your body.
  • gritgirl
    gritgirl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This might be a good time to talk to a nutritionist for feedback on food plans. Even a small change in your food and exercise can make a difference.

Also, don't forget to celebrate how far you've come rather than where you aren't. I'm so guilty of not giving myself credit. Sounds like you've been doing an incredible job. Put those feet up on the princess pillow and enjoy what you've done so far. :smile: