Will i ever lose weight?

Options
Ive been on a weightloss journey for 2years now.
I eat plant based high protein low fat
Been high carb low fat to. Did cleanses such as juice cleanses. Detox teas, and many others.
I used to go to the gym 5days a week bit now i go 4 times a week. I do interval trainings with my personal trainer, do gritt, zumba, yoga, abs, and bodypump. And lose from thzt i run and do home exersizes sometimes if i find the time. Im a mom so my scheduele is really busy. And i have a job aswel.
Also found out last august that i have PCOS and that would probably be the case why eventhough with all the effort im doing im not losing a single gram or pound. Im even gaining weight. And getting fatter and bigger each week.
Downloaded mfp again because i knew this helped me before.
But i wonder will i ever lose weight with pcos. And if not i would never give up this lifestyle because i just love working hard and it has become my routine already

Thanks for the tips in advance

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    You've been trying to lose weight for 2 years?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    PCOS can definitely impact your ability to lose weight, but it doesn't mean it's impossible. Check out the PCOS group, lots of great information in there: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3070-p-c-o-sis
  • RAxB
    RAxB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. With counting calories alone it took 5 months to lose 5 pounds total (progress was still progress), then I went low carb (120 grams or less, which isn't THAT low) and I have lost up to 2 lbs a week, depending on cycle, plateaus, etc. I went from 200 to 155 and feel SO much better! My cycle also went from average 45 days to average 28 days which is amazing for me.

Each person is different so keep yourself flexible, but understand that PCOS can affect your weight loss and how you process food. Try what you can and be patient with it. Good luck!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    First, i'd say is to ditch the detox and cleanses. They literally do nothing for you and you're wasting your money by doing them. Second, regardless of your diet, if you are gaining weight, you're eating too many calories. You could be eating the healthiest food in the world and exercise yourself to the moon and it won't mean a thing if you're consuming more calories than you are burning. So if you really want to lose weight it's going to come from having a calorie deficit. Start by setting up your mfp calorie goal and logging everyday consistently and accurately. There are tons of women on these boards with pcos that have been successful in losing weight, and all of them had a calorie deficit.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I have a very athletic friend with PCOS who teaches classes at her gym and the YMCA. She is very fit and toned, so PCOS is not a diet death sentence. You just have to keep tweaking your calories until you find a level where you can lose weight.
  • kandisn7
    kandisn7 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. Definitely low carb and low sugar is the way to go. Not no carb no sugar, just low. Learn to balance the carbs and sugar you do consume with adequate protein. While most on here will tell you a calorie is a calorie, it's just not true in a PCOS (insulin resistant) body. White bread and rye bread react differently in our bodies. A candy bar vs 1 tbsp raw honey react differently in our bodies. And definitely log accurately and stay under calorie goal. Best wishes!
  • laikievegan92
    laikievegan92 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oops totally forgot to add but yeah i eat 1200 callories a day less even because i dont want to eat to much. And im not starving or anything. But most people tell me that 1200callories are to little for all the workouts i do. But then i dont want to up my cals because i dont want to get even bigger
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Rocknut53 wrote: »
    You've been trying to lose weight for 2 years?

I tried to lose weight for 35+ years, some years I tried really hard (but not hard enough), some years I tried half a**ed, some years I just said f***it and ate all the food and gained. Had I really known the logistics of weight loss I wouldn't have wasted all those years. I'm thankful for this website and how it helped me reached my goal. It only took 8 months or so to lose the weight, now I'm working on fine tuning the finished product. It's just too bad I'm 63 and didn't do this all those years ago.
    I've "only" been at it for 25 years, but thinking about it still makes me cranky. All those unnecessary gimmicks. I knew about calories, but in reality I had no idea what I was doing :s
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    How long have you been doing your current exercise regime? Are you doing a January restart after a break? I've literally just started working out last week and I've put on several pounds of water weight as my muscles have had a shock and retain more to heal.