Favorite Bourbon and/or Scotch?

Options
2»

Replies

• ieroen
    ieroen Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I love whiskey. For cocktails I either take Maker's Mark bourbon or Old Overholt rye. On the rocks, I like single malts like Glenfiddich or the Japanese Yoichi.
  • redtailhawk48
    redtailhawk48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A friend who is a taster brought me a bottle of Charbay R5 Hop Flavored Whiskey, Lot 3. New favorite.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    ransaka wrote: »
    Lagavulin
    Benvoulin

Love some scotch from the islay. Personally i am an oban or laphroig guy

Good taste, same here. Or a nice glass of Talisker. Can't afford Lagavulin at the moment sadly and my bottle of Laphroaig quarter cask is down to the last couple of glasses :(

Laphroaig QC is nice as well. Have to say of all the peated ones my favorites are Talisker 18 and Bowmore 15 and 18.
  • powered85
    Options
    I currently have Woodford Reserve double oaked open and this is a great Bourbon. Certainly holds its own against some of my favourite Scotches.
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    @MegsieFighter is my favorite Scotch! aren't you a Scottish ?
  • powered85
    Options
    Scotch single malts: Balvenie Doublewood 12 years old and Royal Lochnagar Selected Reserve

I've yet to try the Doublewood 12 but I've had their 12yr first fill and it's fantastic. Will have to try this sometime.
  • jackipear
    jackipear Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Woodfords reserve not a fan of the double oak, bulliet, angels envy, basil hayden and whistling pig. Plus a good cigar! Not a fan of scotch.