Having trouble getting all my calories in :(

Options
13»

Replies

• Bonniev4071
    Bonniev4071 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    First, Congrats on the weight loss you've accomplished so far!!! You're well on your way :)

Looking back through your food diary, there are many days with little to no logging. You'll do much better if you log every single day, even if you go over on your calories. You can look back and see what may contribute to a stall or gain. As stated above, weigh everything you can so your entries are more accurate. If you eat out, you may have to guess a bit, but log it anyway as closely as possible.

As far as getting all of your calories in, don't avoid butter, oils, and other good fats. (But make sure to log them!)

No reason to avoid carbs, either, as long as you weigh them and fit them into your calorie goal.

No bad food, just watch portions. :smiley:

Thank you. I know I am bad at logging.. trying very hard to do it every day. And working in the good fats and such as well..
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    serindipte wrote: »
    First, Congrats on the weight loss you've accomplished so far!!! You're well on your way :)

Looking back through your food diary, there are many days with little to no logging. You'll do much better if you log every single day, even if you go over on your calories. You can look back and see what may contribute to a stall or gain. As stated above, weigh everything you can so your entries are more accurate. If you eat out, you may have to guess a bit, but log it anyway as closely as possible.

As far as getting all of your calories in, don't avoid butter, oils, and other good fats. (But make sure to log them!)

No reason to avoid carbs, either, as long as you weigh them and fit them into your calorie goal.

No bad food, just watch portions. :smiley:

Thank you. I know I am bad at logging.. trying very hard to do it every day. And working in the good fats and such as well..

It's a learning process. Just do your best and it won't take long for you to get things down. And remember, you don't have to be miserable to lose weight. You can eat the foods you love, just work them into that calorie goal. Just don't get sucked into the "going from one extreme (overeating) to another (undereating)" hole. And have fun!!!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    you are nt logging your food correctly. learn how to use a food scale

I do have a food scale. So, should I weigh everything and redo my diary?

thats how its done .... at last going forward. you cant go back in time and redo it lol
  • Bonniev4071
    Options
    I have to say you have a great attitude towards all the feedback.

Stick around and read through the forums and you'll learn so much. I know I have:).

I needed the feedback.. cause I really don't know what the hell I am doing.. lol.. I started my weight loss journey in Sept.. and was doing great.. but wasn't counting calories..I want to learn how to do it and do it right. :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Bonnie - you've lost 45 pounds so you clearly know what you're doing. Just keep doing it. Just because your goal is 2,000 -- you don't have to hit it dead on every day. It just needs to balance out over time.
  • Bonniev4071
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Bonnie - you've lost 45 pounds so you clearly know what you're doing. Just keep doing it. Just because your goal is 2,000 -- you don't have to hit it dead on every day. It just needs to balance out over time.

Thank you...
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    It is hard to eat less than 1000cals a day. An example:
    For dinner I had 8oz of salmon
    4oz of quinoa
    Salad with almond slivers, romaine, craisins, and light cesar dressing made with yogurt.
    This meal was around 1000 calories
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    As far as logging tips go, often I (and many other people here) prelog meals. If I know I'm going to have two boiled large eggs for breakfast with fruit and a piece of toast all week for example I'll fill it in for the week.

Sometimes, I eat different breakfasts from day to day so I'll log all my meals after breakfast each other day because usually after breakfast I will have a good idea of what I'll be eating for lunch and dinner.

This helps me change things if I was going to be over my calories and lets me know if I have room for snacks. Makes logging a bit easier to remember too.

If I do eat something that I didn't prelog I just log it immediately after I eat. Eventually it becomes a habit.
  • ammo7
    ammo7 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Looking through your diary, I think that your biggest issue would just be lack of consistency in logging. It is important to log everything you consume, every day. I know that I can easily undo my weekly deficit in a single day of overeating, so it is important to log properly every day. Since you mentioned that you have stalled in your weight loss, I think that would be the most important thing to focus on.

I agree with the others who have suggested that you eat whatever food you want, and not label it as "bad". As long as you are not eating too many calories, and as long as you are meeting your nutritional needs, then it's all good food. Food is fuel for our bodies.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I just peeked at your diary, thanks for sharing.

Try adding 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter to your morning oatmeal. I like the flavor and it gives me the fat & protein to hold me over till lunch.

I didn't see much flavoring, are you using any salad dressings or sauces?