Lost more weight when i increased calories !?

Options
Hello all!
I was consuming 1550 calories a day and was getting ok weight loss results then decided to decrease (to speed up) and now my weight loss has stopped . Has anyone else found this ? Is this really possible and should i go back to eating more?

Thanks all ! X

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Many people find that when they reduce their calorie goal they are less accurate with their logging. You're likely eating more calories than you think, especially if you don't weigh your food.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    What did you decrease to? How long ago did you decrease your calories? What are your stats?
  • BigBottomBabeMFP
    BigBottomBabeMFP Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi i weigh everything :-) even celery. I reduced down to 1200 for a few weeks only . Im 14s 6 and 5ft 5
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Make your food diary public, sometimes others seeing what you are doing can help you better.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Physically impossible to eat less and lose more.
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the reduction in food results in a reduction in incidental activity because your more tired etc. This of course in turn results in a lower TDEE and therefore a lower deficit.

Intense exercise can have the same effect, I might go for a run for 30mins and burn a couple of hundreds calories but then lay on teh couch teh rest of the. If I hadnt run then I might have done a few loads of laundry which means walking up and down stairs several times and being on the go for 2-3 hours which would have burnt more additional calories compared to the run.
  • BigBottomBabeMFP
    BigBottomBabeMFP Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Physically impossible to eat less and lose more.

Thank you. Im still learning :-) . I will make my diary public too