New here and would love some advice.

I use to weight 220 pounds lost weight and got down to 165 and I have a new job for the past 6 months and I'm now at 173. My goal is 125 pounds. I know I'm a bored eater and it sucks.

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    Obviously you want advice about staying busy and learning how to live like a 125 lb woman of your age + 1 year. Here's how: Tell mfp in your Settings your accurate age, your accurate activity level, your sane goal for weekly weight loss (0.5 lb is sane. 1.0 lb is sane. 1.5 lb might be sane. 2.0 lb might not be sane).
    Then MFP tells you how many calories you can eat. Spend the next week or two weeks eating the things you like to eat, and faithfully record every morsel which you consume in your food diary. You may very well, in this initial phase, eat more than MFP thinks you should and you might gain weight, but by using this period to learn how to log your food, you can see what you like and see what it's doing to you. Then, with this powerful knowledge, you can adjust your food intake until your daily calories match the number that MFP thinks you should be eating. After all, MFP thinks you want to weigh 125 and is designed to help you get there.

Lot's of people think that this is a diet and that they have to do a bunch of exercise.

It's neither. This is simply information about how to live healthy and tools to help you do it.
  • mendezpaloma3328
    mendezpaloma3328 Posts: 2 Member
    If you need advice on snack ideas just take fruit with you every where you go take Greek yogurt and ad some fruit to it. You can also take veggies with you and when you feel like eating instead of reaching for candy or chips you can just pop open your zippy bags nutritional options.
  • kaialexander17
    kaialexander17 Posts: 134 Member
    I find that drinking water helps... Also chewing sugar free gum and snacking sunflower seeds because they're small and healthy, or any kinds of nuts really that have no added salt
  • kaialexander17
    I find that drinking water helps... Also chewing sugar free gum and snacking sunflower seeds because they're small and healthy, or any kinds of nuts really that have no added salt

you do realize there is a whopping 300+ calories in a small amount of sunflower seeds right?
    People really need to be careful when describing "snack" foods. There is a big difference between snacking on carrots and snacking on nuts and seeds

Excuse you, no need to get nasty i am not a "people" my name is Kai. And fyi the kind i get does not have 300+ calories.
  • rainbowstrip
    rainbowstrip Posts: 3 Member
    I'm 25 years old, 5'4''. And I have decks job. I can't seem to not be hungry all the time. I don't want to snack but only eat my three normal meals. But eat something Low Cal and filling.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    I've done something similar in the past. Shifted my focus and attention from diet and exercise over to getting settled in my new job, gained weight, and then once I felt comfortable in that job (probably right around that six month time), got back to focussing on health and fitness. The way I lose weight now (slowly), I don't think it would happen to the same degree anymore. So my advice, as always, is to learn to lose weight slowly and painlessly.

125lbs is a great goal, just don't put a date on it. Concentrate on meeting your calorie goals as nutritiously as you can easily manage, (no extremes), set up an exercise routine that you can stick with, hopefully including strength and cardio, and start living the rest of your life.
  • rainbowstrip
    rainbowstrip Posts: 3 Member
    When I started they gave 1600 and I changed it to 1200 because that was my Cal intake when I went from 220 to 165 that was like in June that I kinda gave up because I got comfortable with that. I stopped walking to work when it got cold. And I would love to get back on my eating habits and lose some more weight for my cousin wedding in May. But still keep going.
  • kaialexander17

you do realize there is a whopping 300+ calories in a small amount of sunflower seeds right?
    People really need to be careful when describing "snack" foods. There is a big difference between snacking on carrots and snacking on nuts and seeds

Excuse you, no need to get nasty i am not a "people" my name is Kai. And fyi the kind i get does not have 300+ calories.

Oh, i didn't realize you had a special magical sunflower seed the rest of us can't get lol.. my bad, carry on then

You seem like the type of condescending, disgusting, and malicious human being that gets off by attempting to insult others. If the woman who posted this doesn't have a problem with me sharing what helps ME and what I think might help her, then what is the nastiness for? Whatever crawled up your *kitten* and stayed there is not my problem. But since I have more class than you, i will let your malicious nature speak for itself and YES, I will, carry on :P