Options
linda212121
linda212121 Posts: 144 Member
Anyone have a favorite

Replies

• tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    From Costco kazein whey 150 cal per scoop low in carb and very low sugar tastes good mixes well 40g protein!
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Sorry I believe it's 35g of protein still a lot
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Protein powder doesn't do anything for weightloss, it's a supplement to increase the protein in your diet if you aren't getting enough from food.

I like Body Nutrition's Trutein the best. Optimum Nutrition was also good and is one of the most popular I believe. You can get them on bb.com or from their website, maybe Amazon too.
  • mschmalfuss
    mschmalfuss Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Try this article and see if it helps: http://www.eatthis.com/protein-powders
  • linda212121
    linda212121 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that whey protein powders aren't "for weightloss"...they are just a supplement to help hit protein targets if you aren't doing so with food.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the "not for weight loss" comments above.

I lost about 40 lbs and have maintained it for about a year now, and I do sometimes have difficulty getting enough protein since I don't eat nearly as much meat or dairy as I did previously, so I use whey protein to hit my protein goal.

Honestly, I don't have favorite brand-- I use what's on sale because it can be SO damned expensive. And this time of year (New's Resolution Season . . ..) is a good time to stock up.

I do have a favorite flavor and application, though: vanilla flavor (any brand. . ) added to oatmeal or multigrain hot cereal and berries for breakfast. I don't like protein powder in smoothies or other "cold" applications. Served warm in oatmeal is much more appealing to me.