New here, need more real woman to follow on my weight loss journey

Options
kaayteeedid
kaayteeedid Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2017 in Getting Started
I'd love to meet and follow more woman on here who are on the same journey as me! I'm trying to lose weight! At 162 going to 120! I work out daily and would love to share my ideas and goals with others!

Replies

• kaayteeedid
    Options
  • HildieMe
    HildieMe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You came to the right place. We are all struggling to reach our goal. I went from 170 to 149 lbs (goal is 145), but then it got tougher, and now I'm floundering around 150 - 155 and back. It's the "and back" that gives me problems. :s

Exercise is very beneficial, but the weight loss depends a lot more on what and how much you eat. I found out that I should not eat up the "earned calories", I'll invariably gain weight... If you need more support/friends, send me a friend request and check out a few of my MFPs. They are in all age groups and from all over the world, a wonderful bunch of people. Look for "HildieMe" :) See you soon!
  • JenniYo
    JenniYo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    145 going to hit 125.
  • marthadoss
    marthadoss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I need alot of weight loss! im 235 working to get 200. Add as friend need motivation been working out going to gym and p90x classes and turbo kick classes for 4 weeks now. i workout everyday and have been really working on nutrition. anyone have suggestions for the best place to get advice and share stories and motivate each other.
  • susanatkins1234
    susanatkins1234 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same boat, 160 lbs shooting for 125-130.
    You're allot younger than me so your metabolism is prob faster than mine. I'm 55 but my mind thinks I'm 25. Lol. I lost 11 lbs doing weight watchers but then hit a plateau. I decided to quit WW and do something different. I like this app because it shows nutritional values in food, WW app didn't do that. From what I've read it's all about calories in versus calories out.
    One trick I learned is to disrupt my resting heart rate all through out the day. I am retired so I find myself sitting too much. I set an alarm on my Fitbit to remind me to get up and walk. This is how I've kept the 11 lbs off.
    I also started walking on my Treadmill. I aim for 10,000 steps a day. And I will start weight lifting today. Please give me any suggestions you have. I am doing this thing for my health. And my doctor told me my BMI is 28 should be under 25. I am determined!!
    Susan
  • kaayteeedid
    Options
    Wow these comments are all inspirational! I wish I knew how to reply to each one!! Lol
  • kristinak48
    kristinak48 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You can add me :)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I'm 150 but focusing on recomp rather than losing weight - feel free to add me if you want
  • kaayteeedid
    Options
    I added you all! I can't wait to keep in touch within our personal posts! Thank you so much for all the insight! It's nice to know there are some of you in the same place as me!
  • suede313
    suede313 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! So glad to see so many trying to get it done! I am 185, began at 197, trying to get to 130. Working out HARD 3x per week and not so hard 2x per week. (having trouble with that part.) :)
  • JasonRainboze
    JasonRainboze Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Oops I'm not a real woman...;) But good luck!
  • kerstenk141
    kerstenk141 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. I went from 172 to 122. I'm at maintenance now, but i login to MFP everyday.
  • djness20
    djness20 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I am 170 trying to get to 150 and I am also looking for more people to keep me motivated!
  • asmallermeplz
    asmallermeplz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm back after a break. Log everyday and try to be positive and helpful. Good luck on your journey!