MACRO ??

Options
Hi!
I was just wondering if counting macros works if you have a lot of weight to lose (50 lb.). I see many body builders use it. Thoughts? Thanks!

Replies

• BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Counting Marco's is good at any stage of weight lose or losing body fat. I used it for losing weight at first now I use it for building muscles and losing body fat. Marco's are very important in your diet not as in " dieting ". I don't ever say im on a diet I just watch what I eat and I do enjoy my days if its in my Marco's.

Have a good day I hope it helps.
    Susie
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Counting macros is not required to lose weight. Only calories. However, making sure you get your protein in will prevent muscle loss and hitting your fat goal will help to increase your satiety.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, calories are most important. Eating less calories than you burn is required to lose weight.

Macros are for satiety, health, and some fitness goals. Different people are satisfied with different macro balances, so you have to play with it and figure what works best for you. Many people look at their protein and fat goals as a minimum and let the carbs fall where they may. Fiber can also be a key to feeling full on less calories.
  • mmulhern914
    mmulhern914 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you so much!!