Weightloss journey

Options
Hi guys. Sup? New here. Could use some weightloss tips.im 22 years old IT student. Im so confused after watching all kinds of videos saying to lose weight but all of them say different like someone says eat low carbs diet, someone says eat high fat high protein diet, some videos says that i should starve. im endomorphic with a height of 170 cm and weight 230 lbs. i need to lose at least 8 stones of weight plz help. Feel free to add me.

Replies

• kashaffatima
    kashaffatima Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My daily intake is 1800 calories. I take almost 700calories. Also burn 300 calories daily. Btw Thank u so much.
  • kashaffatima
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Yes. Today was my cheat day so i took 956 calories.
  • kashaffatima
    Options
    Okay i will try my best from tomorrow now. Planning on eating more and healthy whole foods. It is difficult to find a vegan substitute of meat in pakistan because no one is vegan here except me. But i cant thank u more for telling me all that..
    <3
  • CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you'll be eating more! Just so you know, the general health recommendation for women is that you should never eat less than 1200 calories, unless under a doctor's supervision, otherwise you will start damaging yourself. For taller women or those who exercise regularly, it is advisable to eat even more than 1200. At the end of the day you should at least net 1200 calories, which mean if you eat 1200, exercise and burn off 300 calories, then you need to eat 300 more calories so that you eat 1500 total (since when you subtract the 300 you just burned off you are brought back to 1200). If that makes sense?

And I can imagine the difficulties of eating vegan! I would advise a lot of nuts and beans; I don't know if tofu and nut butters are available to you or not, but that's a good place to start perhaps. There's a lot of vegans here, I am sure some of them can help you out.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Yes. Today was my cheat day so i took 956 calories.

This is not correct

Your body uses calories 24/7. You need calories for your heart, lungs, brain.....etc. EAT AT LEAST 1200 calories + half your exercise calories.

Low carb/high carb/vegan/ vegetarian, etc......does not matter for weight loss. Calories do matter. Eat in a way that helps you stay satisfied, eat in a way that helps you LEARN how to keep the weight off in the future.

Sacrificing too much will lead to binges. You want to get to goal and have an idea how to keep that weight off.
  • RYIwill
    RYIwill Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, let's go at it together! People here are right, you can't eat so little, it's not healthy and after a while you can stop loosing weight even when you eat so little. It's really bad because then you need to work and eat properly just to turn up your metabolism back in a proper place. Not healthy and not worth your time. Eat well and workout for health :)