Takeout

Options
How much takeout do you generally eat and still lose weight?

Replies

• Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    You can eat as much as you want as long as it's around your calorie target. Just have to create the calorie deficit. Different for everyone. Personally, I eat very little as it's usually loaded with sodium and ingredients I can't pronounce.
  • Sam29a
    Sam29a Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I had two in 2016. I personally don't eat many as it's difficult to even guess how many calories are in them.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I eat out/get takeout/fast food three or more times a week and have lost weight doing so. Just make sure you don't exceed your calorie allotment for the day and you'll be fine.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    As much as I want.

I'm just mindful of the nutritional information of restaurant/fast foods. It's not something I eat every day though because honestly it's cheaper for me to cook and a lot of the foods I used to get from restaurants taste way too salty to me now and artificial.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    What? I seriously thought it was 4.42. Damn.
  • UK92
    UK92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Used to be quite often, but have cut down recently because they're getting too expensive. I just have to use my best judgement when logging them (unless they give the nutritional information).
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I might have take out every other month (max). Mostly because it is about an 18 mile round trip! (No home deliveries here)
    On these rare occasions I try to find database entries that seem close to what I have ordered. If there are multiple entries with lots of variation in calories, I will choose one of the higher calorie entries.
    It seems to work for me.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    We get take out a once or twice a week. I prefer home cooked meals, but convenience does have its merits.

I've learned to make smarter choices with takeout. For example, instead of splitting a pizza with my SO, who is a foot taller than me, I have three pieces and a large salad.

Instead of eating a whole gyro in one sitting and being hungry for another meal a few hours later, I have half of it plus a large salad for one meal and repeat at the next meal.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    UK92 wrote: »
    Used to be quite often, but have cut down recently because they're getting too expensive. I just have to use my best judgement when logging them (unless they give the nutritional information).

As long as you avoid pi
  • UK92
    UK92 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bob314159 wrote: »
    UK92 wrote: »

As long as you avoid pi

;)
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    xWondertje wrote: »

That you can't pronounce them does not make them bad or dangerous.
    Can you pronounce dihydrogenmonoxide? How about 3-Methyl Butyraldehyde?

Not saying I don't occasionally partake, but generally I like to know what I'm eating. Don't necessarily care if they are bad or dangerous per se. Just a personal preference.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Pizza every Friday, fast food every Thursday, other random times. Lost 60+ pounds because I ate it in a calorie deficit.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    all the time. 80 pounds down and going .....
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,009 Member
    Options
    Stella3838 wrote: »
    xWondertje wrote: »

That you can't pronounce them does not make them bad or dangerous.
    Can you pronounce dihydrogenmonoxide? How about 3-Methyl Butyraldehyde?

Not saying I don't occasionally partake, but generally I like to know what I'm eating. Don't necessarily care if they are bad or dangerous per se. Just a personal preference.

But wouldn't it be better to educate yourself? There was a time when I didn't know what quinoa was or how to pronounce it. I think learning about it was a better choice than saying, "I don't know what it is so I'm just not going to eat it."
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what's in any takeout that I like except billions of calories, so almost 0. Can't wait for April 10th, though. This round of the weight loss challeng at work will be over and I'll finally be able to check out the chinese place around the block from my new place.
  • active562
    active562 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Every Friday , Saturday and Sunday and sometimes even wednesdays and thursdays
    Love fast food
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I dont. Its not part of my normal life.