Just getting started

Options
Zoltrixes
Zoltrixes Posts: 2 Member
edited January 2017 in Introduce Yourself
OK, where to start....My name is Amanda and I am 30 years old (31 in 3 weeks). I have 4 children and I've always struggled with my weight. Health issues, unhealthy lifestyle choices, and inevitably, obesity runs in my family. I've always been "thick" by anyone's standards, but over the past few years, "thick" has turned into "fat" in my eyes. I am currently 5'6" and 249.2 lbs. I have had 4 C-sections over the past 13 years and, so far, found it difficult (more like impossible) to lose my belly fat. During my last pregnancy, I gained close to 80lbs and I think I've maintained most, if not all, of that pregnancy weight. My baby is 10 months old now, and I desperately need to get my health and weight under control. This will be a difficult journey for me (isn't it always?) due to my work and life schedule (I work third shift and sleep mornings, and have my kiddos in the afternoon while hubby works), but I'm determined to find a way to make this work. My husband and I joined a local gym 2 days ago, and this morning was our first session. This was a bit of an eye opener... I expected the soreness and shortness of breath, but I didn't expect it quite so quickly, and had to take several "breathers" in the 2 hour routine. The trainer was encouraging and allowed the breaks, thankfully. I've also made an attempt at shopping healthier but I feel this is going to be the make it or break it part for me. I was raised in a "Southern" home where butter and oil flavored everything and therefore have zero idea about nutritional meal preparation. If anyone wants to add me, I'd love the motivation and any ideas that can help me along the way. I hope to look back in a year and see some major progress.

Replies

• marcieb9818
    marcieb9818 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I'll add you :)
  • Zoltrixes
    Zoltrixes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I'll add you :)

Thanks so much!
  • that_coolnerd
    that_coolnerd Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats on starting your journey!
    A possible replacement for butter or oil (believe me I get it, I grew up in a largely Italian household) would be coconut oil. I've used it on grilled cheese and it still tastes pretty good.
    Feel free to add me if you would like!
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!

The best advice I can give you is to start slowly. Write down 4 bad habits and set a goal to replace one of these with a good habit.

I look forward to reading your success post a year from now.