Replies

• lisciousg24
    lisciousg24 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    RivenV wrote: »
    So frustrating
    I don't have a time of the month
    So that can't be it. Running used to help
    I've recently started going to the gym again. Not sure what is causing this but I really need to get this under control

Don't have a time of the month? Depo-provera? As another female who also doesn't bleed on the reg, just wanted to let you know that even if you're not having a monthly "cycle," you're still subject to some hormonal fluctuations that could impact your mood. Just a little food for thought!
    KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    So frustrating
    I've recently started going to the gym again. Not sure what is causing this but I really need to get this under control

Don't have a time of the month? Depo-provera? As another female who also doesn't bleed on the reg, just wanted to let you know that even if you're not having a monthly "cycle," you're still subject to some hormonal fluctuations that could impact your mood. Just a little food for thought!

I was going to suggest the same thing, look into any meds you might be taking. I was crazy on nurvaring.

Actually gals
    I was lucky enough to have a hysterectomy about 6 years ago
    Not taking any meds either.
    Of course now with these mood swings going not sure I should say lucky...
  • alarmed123
    alarmed123 Posts: 87 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    My therapist said behind anger there's sadness. Maybe there's something you feel sad about but are trying to cover it up with anger. Meh, I'm an angry person in general lol
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    Nuthin that a good Ole Fashioned Grudge *kitten* can't fix
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I suffered from PMS when I was younger so was angry every month and then I had real problems with anger when I went through the menopause, needed some hormone help then (My poor poor husband) I still have issues with idiots though. The older I get the less tolerant I am of anyone who talks crap.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    this should help

when-im-hungry-snickers-almond-blog-hangry1.png

PB snickers are better.

Relax hun, that wasn't for you.

Lmao, I just can't
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Nuthin that a good Ole Fashioned Grudge *kitten* can't fix

You guys are killing me. LMAO
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    All jokes aside though, if I'm angry, there's usually a reason. I don't just wake up angry in the morning. If I start to think about certain things, yeah, my blood starts boiling. But I don't do that, I just drink copious amounts of wine.
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    So frustrating

KyleGrace8 wrote: »
    So frustrating

I was going to suggest the same thing, look into any meds you might be taking. I was crazy on nurvaring.

Actually gals
    I was lucky enough to have a hysterectomy about 6 years ago
    Not taking any meds either.
    Of course now with these mood swings going not sure I should say lucky...

The hysterectomy part caught my eye. If you also had oophorectomies (ovaries removed, or even one) it might be worth having hormones checked.

My actual opinion though is speak to your doctor, tell the you symptoms in the context of every thing else and let them exclude medical cause.

If there is nothing physical then psychological input might help.

I totally relate. Sudden anger is a persistent symptom of my bipolar disorder.

• Alegrya
    Alegrya Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Are you going through a period of pretty consistent weight loss? My old housemate had similar experiences during a 12wk challenge, we were both losing about 1kg/wk and working hard on exercise and nutrition and burning off very old fat stores. I found myself feeling quite ill a lot of the time and she experienced unusual anger levels.

I read somewhere that it might have something to do with toxins being stored in the fat that are now working their way through your body; but I think that sounds a bit like woo to take 100% to heart.
  • toned_thugs_n_harmony
    toned_thugs_n_harmony Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    i think it's just a result of living in this *kitten* up world where everything offends everyone and you're not allowed to speak because if you even consider opening your mouth you might hurt someone's feels so you're forced to keep it all in.

at least that's my excuse.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    Options
    I've been a *kitten* for going on a year... maybe more. I don't know what's up my *kitten*, but I'm so over it.

Low carb?
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I was there for a long time esp after working out. Turns out I was working too hard and eating too little and stressed myself out to the point of screwing up my hormones. Six months off to rest and get nutrition in order and I'm a much nicer human again.