Need a good pre workout supplement

Options
Hi everyone, i have some friends who swear by C4 and others like it, however i noticed that it has a lot of caffeine in it, and being caffeine sensitive like i am, i was curious if there was a good pre workout supplement like this that i can add to my morning shake that wasn't loaded with caffeine?

i dont mind a light to mid level of caffeine(50-75mg). Also id like it to be calorie free if possible

any help is appreciated.

Replies

• Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Coffee works awesomely well for me and it's cheap!!! Plus, there are cases being made for other health benefits of coffee. Now... I'm going to go make one....
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    +1 for coffee. And if coffee has too much caffeine for you, drink tea. Or, you know...slightly less coffee.
  • jbmackey5
    jbmackey5 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. I drink some half caf coffee and it works great
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    60 mg of caffeine per packet. You can drop it into a water bottle.

9c3085ae-224f-4421-862e-bb5f6a0a9e9a_3.6fdeff81cc3dd74d562765e9c85e5529.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF
  • Pocket__Cthulhu
    Pocket__Cthulhu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Coffee and a banana! I perform best on those days and save the pre-workout for when I'm really dragging *kitten*.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Caffeine. Any one who swears by C4 has no idea what they're talking about. The only thing in c4 that is at its true dosing is caffeine. The rest are just there to make it sound better
  • Adam_Gibbons
    Adam_Gibbons Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    There's a lot more to a good pre workout than just caffeine content. Some of course are better than others, but if someone tells you that "it's just caffeine" then they have no idea what they're talking about.
  • jessef593
    Options
    There's a lot more to a good pre workout than just caffeine content. Some of course are better than others, but if someone tells you that "it's just caffeine" then they have no idea what they're talking about.

For the vast majority of them, the only true thing that influences your workout is the caffeine. Especially when a recommended dose is 6g and the pre workout has 1g in it
  • Adam_Gibbons
    Adam_Gibbons Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Recommended dose of 6g? Is Keith Richards your nutritionist?
  • jessef593
    Options
    Citrulline malate 6g. Creatine 5g. Arginine 5g. Beta alanine 2.2-4g daily.
  • Dano74
    Dano74 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    @jbmackey5 Legion Pulse is rated number 1 for efficacy and doseage by Labdoor.