Hi, 128 Pounds to Lose, Looking for some friends through the process

Options
So. Spoiler Alert, I'm here because I gotta lose some weight. 128 pounds of it. I have to lose a person. I've lost 12 pounds so far, but it's hard to stay motivated and dedicated. I'm posting here because I'm looking for some friends to embark on this life change with. People to help motivate me and naturally for me to help motivate in return, oh and of course, people to lament over donuts with. Losing weight has always been a private experience for me, and I think that's been part of why I haven't had much success in doing it, so I'd like to formally introduce myself to the community and offer my friendship to anyone willing. :smile:

Replies

• cascade4a
    cascade4a Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I need to lose a person too; 110 lbs. I am new to the community aspect of this website, because I've kept my issues private as well. I would be happy to offer friendship, support, and a safe venting place along this journey..
  • isaiah4031a
    isaiah4031a Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I would also be happy to offer friendship, support, and a venting place.. Fell free to add me.. The more the merrier :)
  • sylfo60
    sylfo60 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am kind of new at this too so I think I can offer my support…and lets share our struggle to loose all that extra things that we have managed to keep with ourselves and (of course) give a kick in the *kitten* to all those extra pounds!!! (80 in my case) :p
  • ISLA671NDER
    ISLA671NDER Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here too. And just wanna meet people who are on the same journey as I am. :) I think we all can help each other
  • ThoughtfulWreck
    ThoughtfulWreck Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I never really used the community portion of the app. However, I've noticed recently it's really nice to people you can vent with or share small victories, whether they are scale or non. I will need to make friends along the way, so if you plan on being active, add me please!
  • timjmartin23
    timjmartin23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm on a long journey, I am going to lose another 100 lbs this year, already lost 24lbs since I started with a PT in mid November & using Apple Watch

If I can share what I've found, denying yourself food or foods doesn't work - eat clean, unprocessed food for your main diet & moderation on the rest - stay in your MFP target & log everything - even if it puts you over!

Exercise is everything & don't shy from the weights as well as cardio - it accelerates your base metabolism rate & really helps.

Try not to "lose 100 lbs ... rather, lose 1lb but 100 times" ... don't know why but that makes me feel better

Add if you wish... I don't ramble on quite as much but do log every day!

Tim
  • rivers242016
    rivers242016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello I actually need to lose 160lb so I'd be happy to make as many friends as I can to help with it. So far I've lost 50 lb :) let's lose that other person as a team
  • DietVanillaCoke
    DietVanillaCoke Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I started at 244lbs >.< and 123lbs is where my "Healthy BMI" sits. Which would mean I'd need to lose 121lbs to reach a healthy weight. So far I'm down 41lbs since Sep 2016 =D I'll add you.

• LProvince
    LProvince Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I need to lose a bigger person 150 pounds to be at my "ideal" weight! I could use as many friends as possible for motivation!! Good luck!!
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello! I started my journey with 175 lbs to lose (currently 33 lbs down). We can totally do this. Feel free to add me!