Looking for Foreman Grill Recipes

Options
clala82
clala82 Posts: 90 Member
I'm looking for recipes for the George Foreman grill. I have had one for about a year and rarely use it, but I think it could be used to make some pretty great (and lean) meals. I'm up for anything...meat, veggies, etc...anything you can make on it. Thanks!

Replies

• healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    bump! i have a HUGE one that we got for our wedding 4 years ago and i don't know that its ever been used. i'd love to bust that thing out!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, I cook everything on my GFG. It it will fit, I cook it. I actually have 2. I got a small one from my brother for Christmas and I just bought a larger one a couple months ago. The small one I use for my veggies and fruit, Yes, I said fruit. And the large one I use for my meats.

As a matter of fact, I just cooked a chicken breast for my dinner and it took 5 minutes. I love it because it is quick and easy.

Anything that you can cook on stove top or in the oven, you can cook on the grill, and it will be really good.
  • DiBeth
    DiBeth Posts: 6
    Options
    I made some steak pinwheels last week- really good!

Take a thin steak cut, pound out out thinner... add spinach leaves and roasted red peppers (you can buy them in a jar). Roll up jelly-roll style with the grain of the meat going left-to-right. Then you can cut the steak roll into thin pinwheels, secure with toothpicks- and after just a few minutes on the grill- Yummy!

Original recipe calls for wrapping the steak in par-cooked bacon, and making a blue-cheese sauce for drizzling over, but probably could drop those two for a healthier version!

picture and original recipe here: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Flank-Steak-Pinwheels
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    bumping

I usually stick to burgers and chicken, but I'd love more ideas.

I read on a similar thread that if you don't want to "squish" the food you can prop the top with a little metal portion cup or anything else small that can stand the heat.
  • clala82
    Options
    Thanks for the yummy suggestions. Keep 'em coming! :smile:
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Burp!... I mean Bump!
  • kittyloo123
    kittyloo123 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    love the gfg. Put a bunch of sliced onions and peppers on there. Nothin' like grilled onions on whatever your having.
    It's also great for fish, (salmon it best), grilled zucchini (cut lengthwise) also eggplant are super yum. Possibilities are endless.
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I love sliced peaches and pears on it......

It's my favorite dessert!!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Throw all your meats on it! marinate chicken in low cal Italian dressing then grill it! Use your favorite spices to pork or beef and throw those on there too. Serve with brown rice and veggies or salad. Also, you can use it as a panini press! You'll need a sturdy type of bread like focaccia, then grill up your veggies on it like zucchini, add that to your sandwich with some chicken, and press it! add whatever else you like: tomatoes, onions, red wine vinegar, etc, etc. the possiblites are endless! :laugh:
  • clala82
    Options

Never thought to grill fruit on it. It's on like Donkey Kong! Can't wait to try it!
  • ckenning
    ckenning Posts: 71
    Options
    bump
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Bump...we've only used ours once...off to check the sites now!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options

Never thought to grill fruit on it. It's on like Donkey Kong! Can't wait to try it!

I'll add it to a dessert too... Mmmmmm.

Also on another note Per my W/L DR (I have PCOS too) he said that studies show more protein in the morning helps keep you satisfied more during the day.... He told me that on Friday so I am trying to get my morning protein in....LOL He said even with non-breakfast foods....I may have to start a thread for that. :)

Happy Grilling!!!
  • elambabe
    elambabe Posts: 28
    Options
    I made shrimp kabobs on my GFG. It is yummy and WAY fast. I have also cooked just about anything from turkey burgers to asparagus.
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, I cook everything on my GFG. It it will fit, I cook it. I actually have 2. I got a small one from my brother for Christmas and I just bought a larger one a couple months ago. The small one I use for my veggies and fruit, Yes, I said fruit. And the large one I use for my meats.

As a matter of fact, I just cooked a chicken breast for my dinner and it took 5 minutes. I love it because it is quick and easy.

Anything that you can cook on stove top or in the oven, you can cook on the grill, and it will be really good.

I love my GFG so much I bought a 2nd one too. I thought I was buying a larger but miss read the discription... now I have mine and my son's have theirs. lol. I cook chicken frozen to cook less than 10 min for tenderloins. easy to clean great little gril.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    OMGosh!!!
    I forgot I have a small GF grill
    (happens when you move & most of your stuff is still packed away)
    loving this thread =)
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    OMGosh!!!
    I forgot I have a small GF grill
    (happens when you move & most of your stuff is still packed away)
    loving this thread =)

You need to find your GFG in you stuff... you will love how handy it is. I hate to handle raw chicken and it is so easy to go from frozen to cooked if you use the tenderloins. I think if it was breast it may take a while to cook and could burn a little. Maybe others have more experience with this.
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Also love my GFG, we got the 360 for christmas it's great because the plates are removable and so easy to clean.

i use it all the time it's so easy to just throw a little seasoning on a plain chicken breast and it cooks it perfectly. I also usually cook an extra breast to cut up later for salads. I avoid using it with fish because though it's non stick I have found that fish tends to stick to the top of it. The one exception that I've had is with salmon and again my George Forman cooked it perfectly!