In my 30's and would love a support group

Options
Looking for a support group, I'm 31 and trying to lose 50lbs.

Replies

• kekmfp
    kekmfp Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 30 and looking to lose 40-50 pounds. I would love an accountability partner!
  • blondegirl1987
    blondegirl1987 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yeah, let's do it! I'm 29 and trying to lose 20-30 lbs.
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and looking to lose 55-60 lbs. I've already lost 45 lbs, but am always looking for new friends to keep the motivation going. :smile:
  • Beccaj214
    Beccaj214 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 29, looking to lose 40lbs!!
  • Jamielee292
    Jamielee292 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello!!! I'm 32 and wanting to lose 40lbs! :)
  • Jamielee292
    Jamielee292 Posts: 2 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    What is everyone's plans to lose the weight? Today, was my first day in the gym this year. And I am trying a 1200cal/day diet.
  • darcivc
    darcivc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the boards and really trying to find something like a group of people looking to lose around the same amount to help motivate and keep me on track. I'm 33 and looking to lose 5o lbs. Would we just keep replying here on this thread or would a Facebook private group be made? I'd love to be apart of either!

Darci
  • naomiaad
    naomiaad Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Any luck finding a group? I'm at a similar point and looking for a fb group
  • phoebsmill
    phoebsmill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I'm 34 and am looking to lose about 20lbs (i'm in Australia so i just had to google the conversion from kilos to pounds haha).
    We can add each other as friends on this app i think and that way will come up in each other's feeds? Accounability and support are always helpful! :)
  • kekmfp
    Options
    If we do a Facebook group can we make it a "secret" one? Closed still shows your friends that you are in it.
  • kekmfp
    Options
    Also, does anyone have instagram? I don't post a lot but plan on using it to gain inspiration and track my 750 miler in 2017 goal. :) k.runs.miles on instagram.
  • AmandaV814
    AmandaV814 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 32 and trying to lose 56pounds and looking for active encouraging friends :)
  • nicholl21
    nicholl21 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I'm 36 would love some support and motivation. Friend me on Instagram girlnextdoor35 gonna lost 40-50. Was in a bad car wreck a year ago so having to start from fresh again.
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am 33 creeping closer to 34. :smile: I don't have a lot of weight to lose, I'd love to lose 15 but I think my realistic number is 7. To some that doesn't seem like a lot but I have been trying to lose these pounds for about 2 years. It isn't easy. I need all the help that I can get. The age thing has totally changed my metabolism. Feel free to friend me!!
  • darcivc
    darcivc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    What is everyone's plans to lose the weight? Today, was my first day in the gym this year. And I am trying a 1200cal/day diet.

I've started tracking my calories and I'm working out 4-5 times a week for 30 min a day. Well that's my goal for the week. So far I'm 2 for 2 on working out and set on sticking to my allotted calories today! What about everyone else?

I have instagram but I never use it... it's more to be a creeper on my kids... lol I do however use FB and I can create a secret group if everyone would like to move this group over there. I'm a total newbie when it comes to forms so it takes me forever to find this post to reply again. I couldn't remember which category it was under. haha

I'm Darci Waelchli on FB. If you want to join the secret group on FB I have created it; just message me your email address your FB account is linked to and I will add you to it.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    31 Also! I have quite a bit to lose but would love all the support.
  • lafiesta
    lafiesta Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You guys are great! I hope you guys do start a Facebook group, unfortunately I do not have Facebook. But I am adding all you as Friends on here to help support me and you!
  • Lindystar81
    Lindystar81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    35 and working on losing 70lbs, I'd love to join to offer my support as well as receive motivation. :smile:
  • phoebsmill
    phoebsmill Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm on insta, my name there is phoebsmill
    I will try to start using it for more fitness stuff! Currently it is mostly me drinking beer :o
  • Round101
    Round101 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, im 35 and ive just posted elsewhere i have 30 pounds to lose.....but ive just worked out its more like 45 sob sob! Trying to stick to the 1200 cals a day and exercise where i can1 Good luck xx