Breakfast ideas that will keep me full??

Options
I am looking for low calorie breakfast ideas that will keep me full. I am a super picky eater but am willing to try just about anything at this point...if it will just keep me full!! I find myself super hungry not even an hour after I eat. Idk if I'm just not eating enough or what? I stress about eating more for breakfast because I have so few calories for the day as it is. Any breakfast ideas would be great...smoothies?? Thanks!! :)

Replies

• monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast foods at breakfast. But I eat 3 oz of Cod or Basa with some Light Cheese. And Im full for hours.

have you tried Low fat Greek Yogurt?
  • caroline150
    caroline150 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    High protein meals! I like cottage cheese with peaches or breakfast nut packs
  • sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    egg white omelet with lots of veggies (spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers). calories are less than 100 if you don't put cheese. you can get a serving a veggies in at the start of the day and lots of protein to keep you satiated until lunch time.
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I have a container of Fage nonfat (0%) Greek yogurt with a cup of Nature's Path Optimum Slim cereal for breakfast almost every morning. Sometimes I also add fruit but the dairy and cereal have a lot of sugar as it is so it depends on if I plan on being very active that day. With just the fruit and yogurt, it's just over 300 calories but has a lot of protein and fiber to keep you full and energetic.
  • Gottagetfit4me
    Gottagetfit4me Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    2 Egg white - omelet with sauteed veggies, ham and cheese is super filling!
  • putnam80
    putnam80 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    whats a low calorie breakfast? mine are around 500 calories, but thats low cal to me.

some egg beaters, slice of cheese, maybe a few veggies, add a meat in and have a breakfast sandwich. lower on carbs, higher on fat/protein
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs or egg beaters inside a high-fiber/low-cal tortilla with some salsa and/or sour cream.

You really want to shoot for high protein to keep you full!!
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I drink Shakeology mixed with water & ice for 140 calories and it keeps me full for hours. Some days I have 3 egg whites & 1 whole egg with spinach & feta cheese and that keeps me full too.
  • ampott02
    ampott02 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning for breakfast I make a little omelette, and it really doesn't take that much time. I use egg beaters (they're only egg whites and 30 calories per serving), and I cut up and sprinkle a piece of turkey, spinach, and some reduced fat cheese....the whole thing ends up being only like 130 calories and it's delicious! Full of protein to keep you feeling full! At least it does for me!
    I also usually have a fiber one brownie after (90 calories) because I have a major sweet tooth and the fiber in the brownie keeps me fuller even longer.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    If youre just having a smoothie you need to eat something to go with it, drinking your food doesnt allow the brain signals that supress hunger to be released as quickly (they dont start releasing until you start digesting liquid foods so almost 30 min later) you are likely to take in much more then you need. When I have my protein breakfast smoothie I also have peanut butter toast or an apple.

Otherwise I like scrambled eggs with crumbled (cooked) sausage mixed in, over potatoes if I need the carb fix. Oatmeal with some type of flavoring (my typical is a little brown sugar) you can choose rolled or steal cut oats (plenty of debate there)
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I rotate 5 breakfasts most days....

1 egg, 1 egg white scrambled with two tablespoons light cheese and either veggies or 1/4 c. beans
    3/4c. greek yogurt with berries and a 1/2c. kashi go lean crunch
    sandwhich thin or low cal. frozen waffle with peanutbutter and 1/2 banana
    old fashioned oats with 2 tablespoon nuts/blueberries
    breakfast sandwhich- 2 egg whites, veggie sausage on a bagel thin with hot sauce
  • mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Options
    Oatmeal! Sticks with you and is good for you!
  • hilhall822
    hilhall822 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with fruit in it is good for me. I also buy bran flakes in bulk- takes up quite a bit of my carbs, though... I also agree with the many others before me about egg white scrambles with veggies OR cottage cheese with fruit.
  • PinkHippieGirl
    PinkHippieGirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Flat out light w 1tbl of peanut butter with cut up strawberries, folded in half. Heat. Around 200 cals.

Smoothie- ff yogurt, 1tbl of peanut butter, 1 c mixed frozen fruit, handful or spinach. Around 250, or 300 if you use a banana.

Both are very filling.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I've found that having a good combination of each macronutrient always keeps me satisfied for a while. I tend to eat a bit more carbs in my breakfasts than though because I'm just waking up, and sometimes I work out in the morning. Oats are an excellent food, though they can be somewhat calorie dense. I'd try eggs or egg whites, along with some whole grain toast and a piece of fruit (if you do egg whites though, try to find a way to incorporate some healthy fat into the meal).
  • rblauvelt7
    rblauvelt7 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Whole grain tortilla stuffed with egg whites, fat free cheddar, turkey bacon, and any veggies you want. I did this one morning and literally had to force myself to eat lunch because I was so full. (Yes, I realize you shouldn't force yourself to eat, but I'm doing Insanity and knew I would need more than a 300 calorie breakfast to make it through the rest of the day.)
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I MUST have protein in my breakfast or I'm hungry an hour later. Most of my breakfasts are around 300 calories and include egg whites, some form of breakfast meat (canadian bacon/turkey bacon/turkey sausage-all high in sodium but that's not an issue for me), whole wheat toast and almond butter.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, and I usually add extra to it:
    * protein power (extra protein)
    * wheat germ (vitamin E & folic acid)
    * flax seeds (fiber, omega-3)

You can also add a little fruits with your oatmeal
  • Lesley2007
    Options
    Egg whites with salsa
    Fiber One cereal bars
    Fage nonfat yogurt
    Banana

Any of these seem to keep me pretty full without a ton of calories! Good luck!
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bump - cant wait to try some of these ideas