What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    My meal yesterday, chicken wings with Sour cream and Carbquik cheddar biscuits b6aav7sll2s3.jpg
  • DowntonJul
    DowntonJul Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Got some takeout Indian. My favorite Malai Kofta and Mango Lasso with Garlic Naan. Then I made some grilled chicken parm with artichokes. Mickey waffles for the kids hehe. Homemade English toasting bread. Homemade zeppoles on Christmas Eve. Zucchini orzo salad with chimichurri and kumatos. Last is a steak with colcannon. It was my first time making colcannon and I have to say it's going to be one of my favorite sides. So tasty!
    qm66c1o4k7nm.jpg
    af4zd4nmlugw.jpg
    ix5ohrm1rv91.jpg
    8dbjbiwpyoq5.jpg
    j7evc1n9fhwg.jpg
    wblcbb515sno.jpg
    075u2bbxls8k.jpg
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I did another batch of carrot pasta with garlic parm roasted chickpeas in a marinara sauce. Seriously one of my favie new recipes!
    e8gpr9bzci45.jpg

And then I made a large batch of vinegar based coleslaw for Sunday lunch at my parents. I normally HATE coleslaw, but my friend made this recipe at Christmas and it is sooooo delicious. The longer it marinates, the better it tastes too!
    t8j0ip46dub3.jpg

• jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    JL2513 wrote: »
    My first time trying tempeh and I really liked it!
    This actually looks so delicious! Tempted to try it myself.

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    @DowntonJul -Your meals all look delicious. Funny, but I am planning to make steak and colcannon on Thursday this week. I have never made it either, but I saw a recipe on Budgetbytes.com last week and it looked delicious.
  • DowntonJul
    DowntonJul Posts: 39 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Thank you! I try and cook as much as possible That's the recipe I used but I changed it up a bit. I sautéed the cabbage and garlic first before adding the stock. I thought the caramelization would add more flavor and it did!
    lporter229 wrote: »
    @DowntonJul -Your meals all look delicious. Funny, but I am planning to make steak and colcannon on Thursday this week. I have never made it either, but I saw a recipe on Budgetbytes.com last week and it looked delicious.

• Brendalea69
    Options
    s55sfyxrtsan.jpg

Cheeseburger on a bed of lettuce with special sauce (ketchup, mayo, onions and pickles) with Carbquik biscuits
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    My first time trying tempeh and I really liked it!
    This actually looks so delicious! Tempted to try it myself.

Based on what you just posted (the carrot/chick pea dish and coleslaw -which sound/look super yummy btw!!)you will most likely like tempeh...it's really good - great protein too:)
  • anlymc13
    anlymc13 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash chicken chow mein. One of our main staples.

ony3eq37a9s3.jpg
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Stdavis53 wrote: »
    Here are a couple things I have made lately...

Hickory Smoke Grilled Salmon With Citrus Shingles
    98zukn.jpg

Veggie Flatbreads on Flatout flatbreads - 150 calories each
    1zywva1.jpg

Seafood Pho using Shiritaki Noodles, Krab and Shrimp 300 Calories per HUGE bowl
    kewuxh.jpg

So far the Pho has been my absolute favorite thing i've made since starting this lower cal journey.
    Stdavis53 wrote: »
    Here are a couple things I have made lately...

Hickory Smoke Grilled Salmon With Citrus Shingles
    98zukn.jpg

1zywva1.jpg

kewuxh.jpg

So far the Pho has been my absolute favorite thing i've made since starting this lower cal journey.

Please may I have your pho recipe!!!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options

1zywva1.jpg

kewuxh.jpg

So far the Pho has been my absolute favorite thing i've made since starting this lower cal journey.[/quote]

Please may I have your pho recipe!!!
    [/quote]

....and your veggie flatbread recipe please? One whole pizza for 150cal? Wow Curious what the crust is/how it's made, etc.,

• crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    8tw8r528llyx.jpeg

A typical dinner.

• JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    Local Popeye's had a Combat Crunch sale, so I bought 12 bars (8 different flavours). My treats for the next while :)
    How are those Kirkland protein bars? I've been eyeing them lately, but I have just been sticking with Pure Protein bars in the meantime.

I tried the brownie Kirkland protein bar a couple of days ago and was super impressed! So much better than the Quest brownie or double chocolate chunk flavours. You wouldn't think chocolate would be a hard flavour to do well, but it surprisingly is. A lot of chocolate flavoured protein bars have too much of that protein flavour competing with the chocolate, but the Kirkland one actually tastes like a chocolate brownie. In fact, it's the best chocolate protein bar I've had to date!
  • crystallee85
    crystallee85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

[/quote]

I tried the brownie Kirkland protein bar a couple of days ago and was super impressed! So much better than the Quest brownie or double chocolate chunk flavours. You wouldn't think chocolate would be a hard flavour to do well, but it surprisingly is. A lot of chocolate flavoured protein bars have too much of that protein flavour competing with the chocolate, but the Kirkland one actually tastes like a chocolate brownie. In fact, it's the best chocolate protein bar I've had to date![/quote]

I recently tried them as well and absolutely love them. They taste more like a treat then a protein bar. The portion size and flavour are on point. You can't argue with the price either. They are easily half the price, if not more, than quest bars in Canada.

• DaveDR7
    DaveDR7 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Guys can I ask what file size should the pics be? Tried to post but pic size was coming out at 1.5mb to 2.5mb, is that too much to post?
    If so any iPhone apps to reduce it down to 300mb or less?
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Dinner last night and lunch today. Added black berries on the side with lunch today. All of it was a little over 300 cals. I'm one of those thats wants to eat ALL THE THINGS in the afternoon so I save most of my calories for then. u95oumjxwbpn.jpg
  • Brendalea69
    Options
    Carbquik waffles with lc maple syrup and breakfast sausage 9m4i59v2ggn3.jpg