Breakfast....yummy in your tummy????

Options
showerbeer182
showerbeer182 Posts: 798 Member
Goood morning MFPeepers....sooo what do you all think about breakfast?? Are you taking advantage of this early morning chowfest or what??? Myself, I usually do a lil bowl of cereal...maybe a banana..nice ripe one mmm...maybe do some yogurt...throw some granola in that bad boy...ooooh and usually a nice v8 fusion drink cause come on people you gots to have dem fruits and veggies right!?!?!?

Replies

• Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Usually no breakfast for me. But I might have a protein shake or an omelet if I'm having an extremely busy day
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I don't usually eat breakfast... I prefer eating more later
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is at 11:30 - 12:00 p.m. and its still breakfast food, but its just more like lunch time for me.
  • showerbeer182
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal! But I'm not trying to have any of that garbage you're eating. I want stacks of pancakes slathered in butter, syrup flowing like a babbling brook. A mountain of bacon. Omelettes filled with onions, peppers, ham and cheese. Golden crispy hash browns. Endless coffee with cream.
    But most days I settle for toast skimmed with peanut butter.

::insert copious amounts of breakfast drooling here::
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    I have never in my life been that big on breakfast. When I was little my mother of course made us all eat breakfast, hell.... sometimes she literally tried shoving it down my throat. Slimy cereal never was my thing. I was a picky child I admit. Once I was old enough to make my own choice I just never really cared about it. I have tried to implement a regular breakfast, but it only lasts a short time. I don't even know if it's because it's inconvenient or because I just don't want to eat breakfast. I don't feel like I am really hungry at this hour, nor do I feel starving by the time lunch rolls around.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    If I have to eat breakfast I end up gagging cause my brain just doesn't like eating breakfast. So it's coffee for me and if I'm going to skate or exercise I'll have some yogurt.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is my favorite meal! But I'm not trying to have any of that garbage you're eating. I want stacks of pancakes slathered in butter, syrup flowing like a babbling brook. A mountain of bacon. Omelettes filled with onions, peppers, ham and cheese. Golden crispy hash browns. Endless coffee with cream.
    But most days I settle for toast skimmed with peanut butter.

Yeah you've got style. I like the way you do breakfast
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    In a previous life, I would go for three buttered buckwheat pancakes, and insert two sunnyside eggs between the cakes, with a double order of bacon (6 strips) layered in there as well. Then I would cut an X in the middle of the stack and drench it in real maple syrup, so it soaks down into the middle of it all. On the side, hash browns (with onions and peppers, of course) and beef gravy, and toast with butter and jam. Coffee with half n half, naturally.

Another favorite used to be a 6 egg omelet with bacon, cheddar, tomato, onion and mushroom, with 3 large slices of toast and peanut butter and jelly.

Yesterday I had four pastured eggs and a link of chorizo. This morning I had Living Intentions Superfood Cereal with almond milk. Tomorrow, back to eggs.

I've changed.
  • LateWinterWolf90
    LateWinterWolf90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is basically as soon as i get up. lately usually grilled bacon and tomatoes with spinach scrambled eggs haha.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I LOVE breakfast foods. I have to have breakfast because I take insulin in the morning for GD. I either do a combo of eggs and meat (omelettes, muffin cups), sausage and an english muffing with butter or PB or a protein shake/smoothie.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I hate eating breakfast at breakfast time. I like breakfast for dinner. But this morning I already choked down a homemade breakfast sandwich after the elliptical machine. 2 pc rye bread, 1 egg, 1 pc cheddar, 2 pc low sodium bacon. Actually tasted pretty good. Hubs made it for me. Let me scan barcodes first. Told him how much of what to make it with. 390 calories.
  • showerbeer182
    Options
    Ooooooh I am flipping loving all these yummy breakfast responses!!!!
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Louise1491 wrote: »
    I don't really do breakfast. I usually just shove something in my mouth and go.

Are we seriously not doing phrasing anymore?

ydbfz4r9ct7v.gif

Check the source....hun. :)
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    Coffee is my breakfast most days. Today I ate a waffle since yesterday I only had one meal so I woke up hungry.
  • legsnbacon
    legsnbacon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I not only eat breakfast, I have second breakfast most days.