Walk at Home

Options
Can someone give me their opinion about the Walk at Home dvds. I am thinking about buying a couple of dvds. I am not a member of a gym so I would like to walk inside sometimes.

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    You can probably find some videos online, try them out, and then decide if you really need to spend $ on DVDs. I thought Leslie Sansone online was really fun.
  • angelhrt68
    angelhrt68 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks dancingmoosie for sharing.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I also like Leslie Sansom, I put a DVD in my laptop and watch tv at the same time. I also like the free steps on the Wii. I got a simply fit board for Christmas and use it and watch tv as well. It's a great cardio workout plus is good for abs.
  • angelhrt68
    Options
    Great! Thanks wahmx3.
  • jennyooh99
    jennyooh99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ditto leslie sansone, she's great. there are a bunch of free videos on youtube. also checkout jessica smith on youtube, she has alot of walk at home videos, and she adds alot more variety than leslie. have fun with it! i've been doing alot of walking at home during these winter months and it's been awesome.
  • angelhrt68
    Options
    Thanks, jennieooh99. I am not familiar with Jessica Smith.
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie's workouts. I use to do them when I lived in a cold climate a few years back.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    i have done these all found on you tube
    leslie sansone
    biggest loser
    FUN 3 Mile Walk/Dance workout with @KeairaLaShae
  • genghis54
    genghis54 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    jessica smith
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Leslie Sansone DVDs are great. Test drive some freebies on YouTube and check out DVD info here: http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/leslie-sansone

(^ video clips & reviews). The nice thing about DVDs is that the Just Walk series allows for a music only option. Some people find Leslie a bit chatty. These are easy enough to follow without verbal cues.

Other walking video options not mentioned yet: Gaiam walking videos by Debbie Rocker; she is rather dry but outdoor settings are beautiful. George Foreman Walk it Off - I've seen one or two on YouTube. George doesn't lead the workouts, he sort of coaches. Prevention walking workouts with Ellen Barrett (also a beginner Weight Watchers walk). Kim Lyons has 2 (Jenny Craig) walking DVDs with beautiful outdoor settings. Outdoor settings can be great in the dead of winter.

Check your local library for DVDs too.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone videos, I own a few DVDs but lately I've been streaming on Youtube. She is a bit chatty, but I kind of have a mini goal of being able to talk as much as she does while doing the most intense intervals , though my asthma may never let me get to that point
  • embear2
    embear2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone walking workouts. Easy to do at home, and you can put as much or as little effort in, add extra hand weights in. Really effective, if you do it 3 times a week you'll notice the changes in your body
  • TristaOnTrack
    TristaOnTrack Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Love Leslie Sansone! Also, as others have mentioned, Jessica Smith on YouTube has lots of free walking workouts. She also has DVDs you can buy.
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I like to borrow workout DVDs from the library. I find that after a little while I get bored so this lets me try many different one with out investing a ton. If I really like a particular workout I might buy it just to have on hand. There have been many that i thought I would love but after borrowing, I decided not to buy because I didn't like the instructor's method or the workout.
  • lemonblossom
    lemonblossom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Youtube has some and if you have xfinity they have some on channel 1 that are free and vary in beginners on up. I don't like to buy these things!! Good luck!
  • NewGemini130
    NewGemini130 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I second the public library! I've heard good things about Leslie Sansone too but not tried her yet. But I'm a regular walker and have lost over 50 with just walking. I prefer neighborhood walks but find what you like!
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,852 Member
    Options
    I also use the Leslie Sansone DVD's and love them. There are a lot of her workouts on YouTube. I use them from there also for variety.
  • alexshir
    alexshir Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You tube videos by Leslie Sansone, Jessica Smith and Jen Ford Marching workouts are good. You tube is my gym. Hasfit is also good for strength training. They have a website and are on You tube.
  • kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    I would also suggest Leslie Sansone's DVD's. They can be used for beginners or you can kick up your movements to be a little more advanced. I've been using them more again lately since the weather is cold now.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Not really worth it. Just walk in place or jog in place while watching TV = same workout and you won't be as bored, lol.