21-Day Fix 1200-1499 Bracket Question

Options
2»

Replies

• Spinny08
    Spinny08 Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Maybe I have been going about it all wrong? Weighing just seems pretty self explanatory but maybe there are little tips and tricks to it that make it quicker? I think one thing I like about the containers is, once it is packed it is packed. That is my lunch and I am ready to walk out the door.

But I just looked up "tare function" and I could do the same thing on my scale with an empty container. Still have to take out the scale every time ..... Just a mindset it seems, and I have to alter mine. I am determined to stick to it this time though, which is also why I have come to the message boards too. Support!
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have to comment on this! I have three friends that are BeachBody coaches so I was told to try 21 day fix also. I tracked my intake in MFP also during it as well as the workouts. Not only was my food intake only hitting 1000-1100 per day, but because of the workouts and my normal activity level I had to stop after 4 days because I was getting dizzy and having headaches.

Like some posters said... this is why is 'works' it's less calories than you really think so your deficit is unhealthy in some circumstances.
  • slpgophers
    slpgophers Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I follow 21 day fix for food choices but use MFP for calorie tracking. To me MFP is easier and always brutally honest with what you need. I try for 50% carb, 20% fat and 30% protein in the macros
  • orangesque
    orangesque Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i've been following the 21DF meal planning for a while now and it's been hugely helpful for me in understanding how much of each macro i should be getting each day. also i've been following for long enough that i can eyeball the portions without having to use the containers as much. that's one of the things i love is just having a general sense of what and how much i should eat.

the booklet does indicate that if you feel like you need more to add another green. more? add another purple.

also - there's a weight loss level and a maintenance level. the weight loss level is going to be lower so you burn more than you eat. if you feel like that just isn't enough, maybe the maintenance level would be more appropriate for you. at this point i'm in the lowest bracket even for maintenance though - yay!

i was getting hungry in the evenings too when i first started out so i began consuming both of my carb containers and my healthy fats all later in the day and it seemed to satisfy the evening hungers without having to add anything extra. and i still lost weight doing it that way even though the lady that created the system (autumn?) recommends having the carbs earlier.

anyway - i really enjoy eating this way and it's helped me become a healthier eater. good luck!
  • nicnoahshaun
    nicnoahshaun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    jgeig327 wrote: »
    Hi All-
    I don't usually post to message boards (I do read them, though) so please be easy on me, I'm just starting out.

I started the 21-day fix on Tuesday. *Note I have not received the actual containers- I am going by what their measurements are- 1C, 1/2C, etc. and I have the list of foods you can have*

I am in the 1299-1499 food bracket with the containers 3G, 2P, 4R, etc. etc, but I've also been putting in the food in MFP to keep track of the mealplans (its just easier for me), so I've noticed that every day I am literally less than 1200 calories.

I do weigh out my food as well on an (accurate!!) food scale so I noticed that the last 3 days I've been well under 1200 cal/day. Also, I've been SUPER hungry at night-- during the day I am okay, but come 7/8pm my stomach is growling like crazy. I don't have a lot of carbs- I stick with the 4Red containers for protein which usually hits the mark (according to MFP) on how much protein I should have a day and the 2 yellow containers...

Also I was told "whatever fits in the container you can eat" so I pack it full of food as much as it will hold without running over and I go by that.

I try to drink as much water as I can, but I travel in and out of patient's homes so sometimes it isn't appropriate to use their bathroom. I've been managing at least 3- 16oz bottles of water per day during the 8:30-5 hrs and then maybe 1-2 additional when I get home.

I guess my question is, is this correct? Less than 1200 calories? It just doesn't seem right since everything I read is "don't eat less than 1200 calories a day" and my stomach doesn't agree when its rumbling all evening long. Any input would be helpful. Thanks!

• nicnoahshaun
    nicnoahshaun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Are you including the orange container and your 1 or 2 spoons of fat like nut butter with it?
  • ChelsoBee
    ChelsoBee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am doing the same thing as you. 21 day fix containers at the 1200-1499 level, MFP, and weighing on a scale but I am having the opposite problem. I'm trying hard to keep my daily food under 1500. If you give me an add you could see what I'm eating.
  • Spinny08
    Spinny08 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been weighing my containers and, depending on what is in the container, it has been pretty accurate for what I need calorie wise. I have decided it is not the weighing of food that is a pain .... it is the recording. Hanging in there though!