Strength Training and calories

Options
I have been recording my exercises in the strength training section but see no calorie credit. Just curious why that is since the cardiovascular section does show calories burned and a strength training work out burns calories too.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    You're probably logging in the tracking section? Are you trying to log under strength training? That's only for tracking progress. If you want calorie credit - just understand it will probably be totally wrong because strength training is hard to calculate - go to the cardio section, search "strength training" - then enter the time you spent working out.
  • SamMarriottPT
    SamMarriottPT Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    To be honest I wouldn't recommend tracking your exercise using the MFP log, either cardio or strength training! No doubt you'll be burning a lot of calories via strength training, however if you've calculated your macros properly then it should have already taken into account the type of training and intensity that you do, and so your macros should reflect the goal you're trying to achieve while accounting for calories burned through strength training
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    To be honest I wouldn't recommend tracking your exercise using the MFP log, either cardio or strength training! No doubt you'll be burning a lot of calories via strength training, however if you've calculated your macros properly then it should have already taken into account the type of training and intensity that you do, and so your macros should reflect the goal you're trying to achieve while accounting for calories burned through strength training

Except MFP's goals do not include exercise, which is why it's expected to log and eat back your exercise calories.