Fitbit users, Fitbit questions

Options
I don't care about all that fancy crap, I just want a good step counter that's reliable so I was thinking of getting the Fitbit zip. Is it any good? I do my walking taking baby out on the stroller, will that make a difference? Maybe later on in the year join a gym. Will it track steps on a treadmill? Any feedback or even recommendations appreciated. On a good day I do 7ish miles

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the Zip but I have the One. It is one step above the Zip I believe. I like it. I don't know if the Zip has a readout but the One does. I like being able to see my steps and distance covered (calculated based on steps) without needing to look on the app.
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Most fitbit products are reliable. I think you'll be fine. I've had the flex and now I have the charge. They both worked well.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I have a one and it counts steps on the treadmill
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    About the stroller...the Zip needs to be attached to your body in order to work properly. So clipping it to the stroller is a no go, if that's what you're asking. If you want a tracker that you can wear or clip to the stroller, you'll need one with GPS.
  • alarmed123
    alarmed123 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    No, I'm putting it on my bra lol i heard someone say that if you're pushing a stroller it won't work, that's why I asked
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    alarmed123 wrote: »
    No, I'm putting it on my bra lol i heard someone say that if you're pushing a stroller it won't work, that's why I asked

The wrist ones have issues when you push a stroller/shopping cart but when I had the One (which also clips to the bra/clothing) pushing a cart (my baby is 20 so no stroller) was never an issue. They all work on a treadmill (well maybe if you hold on the wrist ones wouldn't but you shouldn't do that anyway).
  • Angelica91733
    Angelica91733 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge and my son has a zip, and the Zip is accurate. I wore both Fitbits for a few days to compare, and the Zip performed well. I recommend it.
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have the surge and sometime pushing the shopping trolley is picked up at bike riding. I would think that's less likely with something attached to your bra (mine's a wrist one).
  • ibboykin
    ibboykin Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have friends who have had one and then stepped up to a model that is worn on your wrist. The wrist worn model is more accurate. Just a few dollars more
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I have a One and wear it on my jeans pocket and my husband carries his in his pocket. Both ways seem pretty accurate. And I do use it on the treadmill.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I like the One because it counts floors as well as steps. The clip ons are actually more accurate than wrist models because they don't count arm movements as steps.
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    I really like my FitBit One. A lot...it seems pretty accurate.
  • wizzybeth
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I really like my FitBit One. A lot...it seems pretty accurate.

It's as accurate as any fitness tracker, but even the best ones over-estimate by 20-30%.

I really only go by the steps counted and staircases...usually that's pretty accurate - I don't count FitBit calories in MFP. If the mileage tracker is off, I don't care - I am not trying to prove I am actually walking 4 miles or 5 miles or 1 mile...lol...I think of it in FitBit miles just for meeting those goals on the FB dashboard, lol
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    My first Fitbit was a Zip and I liked it until I wanted to track more things. I hooked it to my bra and I think it worked great.
  • Aetheldreda
    Aetheldreda Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I had a fitbit zip and I loved it. I found it accurate and it really helped me, i wore mine on my waistband ( im not a dress kinda girl) The only reason I don't use it now is because I got the charge 2 for Christmas ( wanted a HR function) .
  • duncan04
    duncan04 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a ZIP as a back up to my ALTA. I love the Alta because I can wear it sleeping and showering and even swimming. The ZIP is my back up because if I forget to charge the Alta then I have that. I can push carts and my tracker counts. The ZIP when I wear it is on my waistband. Most accurate there.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    I have the One and I clip it to my bra. I didn't want a wrist worn model. I don't like wearing a lot of jewelry and don't want something on my wrist. I love it. It seems to be accurate as far as steps go. I think it underestimates my calorie burn. I eat back all of my exercise adjustment and still am losing slowing even though I am trying to maintain. I chose the One over the Zip because it does sleep tracking (not sure how accurate, but fun to have) and I like that it does have a display so you can look at it.
  • koalastare
    koalastare Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My husband bought me a second hand fitbit yesterday. I think its just called the fitbit hr.. can fitbits be synced with MFP so exercise and food log info can be exchanged. Also it appears my fitbit doesn't record any exercise i do on my stationary exercise bike. Is there a way i can manually add it to my daily exercise?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,019 Member
    Options
    koalastare wrote: »
    My husband bought me a second hand fitbit yesterday. I think its just called the fitbit hr.. can fitbits be synced with MFP so exercise and food log info can be exchanged. Also it appears my fitbit doesn't record any exercise i do on my stationary exercise bike. Is there a way i can manually add it to my daily exercise?

You can sync fitbit with mfp. If you do you should log all your food in mfp and all your exercise with fitbit. On the fitbit app you can click on track your exercise and log exercise there. Throughout the day mfp will compare what it thinks you will burn to what fitbit thinks you will burn based on what you have burned so far that day and you will get an exercise adjustment. This won't be exactly equal to your exercise burn, it will be the difference between what mfp expects you to burn and what fitbit shows you are burning. There is a fitbit group on mfp that has some good stickies to answer your questions starting out.