Tumeric

Options
As per my thread on anti-inflammatory foods

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/292602-foods-with-anti-inflammatory-properties

apparently tumeric is one of the best options.

So apart from putting it in curries what else can I do with it that is quick and easy??????

Replies

• joanneeee
    joanneeee Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    i chuck it in my stir fries ... i don't know if that's weird.
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You can use it in a dry rub for chicken or lamb, for a mediterranean flavor.....you can throw a dash of it in with sauteed veggies or meats. It plays well with cumin, cinnamon, paprika and ginger.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I have been taking turmeric for the last year along with ginger which also helps with inflammation. I take both in capsule form. I have no pain or inflammation in my hands or knees anymore.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    i chuck it in my stir fries ... i don't know if that's weird.
    same here. I mean, I use Jamaican curry which is pretty much just turmeric and I stir fry every vegetable I have, maybe throw in some fish or shrimp.
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I add it to soups, and veggies... just a tiny bit. You only need 1/2 a tsp a day. But... did you know you can buy it in capsules? I saw it at the pharmacy the other day, and I'm sure you can find it in any health food store. It's a very popular spice these days.
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    I am taking 1800mg of turmeric every day. I have only been doing this for 2 weeks but it seems to be helping me. I have really bad hip and knee problems. You can find it almost anywhere including walmart only they have a smaller dosage than the one I got at walgreens. Much cheaper though. :) Do some research on that and try it out.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Amen:smile:
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    My mexican-food seasoning has turmeric in it, so I have been putting it basically on everything.
  • 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    baked on potatoes or squash, with other herbs and spices and flax seed oil
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I take 500 mg every day for an auto-immune disorder that I have and it helps alot. When I get a flar-up I will up the dose to 1,500 mg daily but i've only had to do that once since starting it.