wii fitness

I'm not one of those hard core fitness freaks, I'm starting slow. So I'm starting with Wii Fitness for an hr a day and so far so good. Is their anyone who's doing the same????

Replies

• needstobefit15
    needstobefit15 Posts: 119 Member
    I have a Wii u. I think I may start it up tomorrow night.
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    I like Just Dance on the Wii. Probably not the best workout, but it's fun, I can include my kids and it gets me moving!!
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    I,font use my Wii fitness games anymore, but I do walking with Pokemon Go every day.
  • rdmitch
    rdmitch Posts: 278 Member
    The Wii Action 2 is a great system. Makes it kind of fun to do a workout
    Nice part is I can set up a custom program by selecting the exercises I like, the warm ups I enjoy and the length of the
    workout. So I have a easy one, medium one, tough one, 20 min one....etc.
    Of course there are the pre designed ones and complete tracking of your goals.
    It's really a lot of fun and will help a lot.
  • shayshay496
    shayshay496 Posts: 8 Member
    I am like you I'm not in to hard core fitness I have both the Wii and the Wii u I enjoy both it just gets kinda boring not have anyone to challenge you but I do enjoy the fact that I don't have to kill my self if I'm having a bad day (have health issues and some days are just not good) just to get some exercise in not sure how to count the calories on here though it does help with me strengthening and stretching as well as toning muscles
  • jillybeansalad
    jillybeansalad Posts: 239 Member
    I loved Wii Active 2. I was really sad when the website support disappeared. :(
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I like Just Dance on the Wii. Probably not the best workout, but it's fun, I can include my kids and it gets me moving!!

actually its still exercise as long as you are trying to do the moves(yes some are impossible) and not just moving your arms. I lost my first 17 lbs using the just dance games. as long as you are moving its better than nothing.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    I really liked the Just Dance game, the Dance Dance Revolution game, and the Biggest Loser game. When I first started working out, I used the walking game in the Wii Active Game that came with the balance board. I started with 10 minutes, and worked my way up to an hour. I would set the game, and then change to the tv and watch a show. It was nice.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited January 2017
    Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for the Wii is my new crack. It's starting to tell me I'm doing to many workouts. That can't be good lmao. I just busted it out again this week, and it appears I haven't used it since 2010 and weighed 211 lbs. I wish there was some sort of fanfare when you update with a lower weight from being obese. Of course, it doesn't know I ever weighed 250.

We don't have cable or internet so this is the best thing going on in my life atm.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for the Wii is my new crack. It's starting to tell me I'm doing to many workouts. That can't be good lmao. I just busted it out again this week, and it appears I haven't used it since 2010 and weighed 211 lbs. I wish there was some sort of fanfare when you update with a lower weight from being obese. Of course, it doesn't know I ever weighed 250.

We don't have cable or internet so this is the best thing going on in my life atm.

i have the golds gym dance cardio one. dont use it much though
  • Calieth
    Calieth Posts: 7 Member
    I do it all. Wieghts, programs, rowing and of course Wii! I do the Wii Fit stuff for sure, but I am always shocked at my calorie burn (I have a tracker) from playing some Wii Tennis. When I'm in a bad mood or just don't feel I can't bring it to a hardcore workout, Wii Tennis is my active mood lifter that just chews through the calories. But I'm one of those who moves the table out of the way and runs/lunges accross the floor to make my shot. My hubby laughes good naturedly at me for it.