Casien protein powder

Options
Does this have a aftertaste and causes indigestion? I just tried some six star flavorless whey and it was awful, mixed with milk and berries.....it wasn't even a full scoop and is can still taste it, I was just wondering if casein powders does the same as whey powders....before I try something else...

Replies

• StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Casein tends to be chalky and can form clumps in some concentrations which could cause indigestion.

I'm OK with it but I know some people dislike it.

Protein powders often contain a mix of whey and casein so of you don't like the chalkiness or get a stomach upset with casein, pick a variety that is low in casein.
  • hensue11
    hensue11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks....
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I personally like Trutein protein. It is a mix of whey, casein and egg whites. I mix mine with almond milk and it keeps me more full than a whey only powder.

Have you tried Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard wheys? They are the only whey protein I can have. All the others taste awful.
  • creatureofchaos
    creatureofchaos Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Second Optimum Gold Standard - those actually taste pretty good. I've never found a casein I could stomach.
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Second Optimum Gold Standard - those actually taste pretty good. I've never found a casein I could stomach.

Yes ! In cake batter :)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »
    I personally like Trutein protein. It is a mix of whey, casein and egg whites. I mix mine with almond milk and it keeps me more full than a whey only powder.

Have you tried Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard wheys? They are the only whey protein I can have. All the others taste awful.

Trutein is my current favorite. I like the mix of different proteins and the shakes are thicker/creamier than whey shakes. Quest also makes a pretty decent mixed protein (whey/casein/milk protein isolate), as does Dymatize (their Elite Gourmet line).
  • hensue11
    hensue11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I shall give the ON a try.....most proteins cause a gag at the end for me ;)....
  • Cylphin60
    Cylphin60 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    hensue11 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the suggestions, I shall give the ON a try.....most proteins cause a gag at the end for me ;)....

Another vote for ON here. Good stuff :)