I really really need help and support!

Options
Hi everyone - I have been a dormant member for ages, but came back yesterday because I really need to lose some weight.

I am 25. I was always a slim teenager, but the pounds started to go on when I got a desk job, and began to work long hours as a trainee lawyer. I am sporty and active, I like to run, ski, climb, ride horses and generally get stuck into any team sports.

The problem is that I also LOVE to eat, and drink wine. I'm a vegetarian, but my main downfall is cheese, bread and wine. I'm rubbish at portion control, and have no willpower. All through my teens I got away with this and stayed skinny, and suddenly it has caught up on me. I have tried just trying to make healthy choices, but since I seem to have no sense of moderation, I have decided that calorie counting is really the only way that I am going to be able to shift this weight. I have about 20 pounds to lose.

I would really really appreciate some MFP friends to try and help me keep on track, because I think this is going to be a struggle!

Replies

• gtsgoddezz12
    gtsgoddezz12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds very similar to mine... I'm 35 and have always been thin and would work out from time to time, but am also a foodie who loves wine and cheese. I've just committed to working out 6 days a week doing a mix of yoga, pilates, hiit, etc, but am struggling to balance the the stressors of my job and social life at the same time. I would like to lose about 15 lbs, gain some muscle and get toned!
  • littlebim14
    littlebim14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes, it sounds like we are in the same boat! I'll send you a friend request :)
  • Anonymous_fiend
    Anonymous_fiend Posts: 196 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Similar too! Looking to mostly tone up though. I love cheese, carbs, and alcohol way too much >:):'( . I'm mostly vegetarian and need to log my foods rigorously to meet my protein goals. Strong curves is a great program for toning :). Feel free to add if you want :)
  • chandelrispin
    chandelrispin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also 25 and looking to 25-30 lbs. I work a desk job and after a long day find it hard to find the motivation to workout! Feel free to add
  • quise371
    quise371 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Guys, same here. I work out regularly, I swim, run and go to the gym, do some yoga too. However, i'm a stress eater and also don't have any moderation at all. have you figured out where to start? I've heard people are cutting out smth specific, e.g. sugar or baked goods. I've tried multiple times to do so, but for some reason, I just eat the treat and think about it afterwards. I don't know how to stop it.
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like
  • 11iggyz
    11iggyz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all, enjoying reading this thread as I finish my second glass of wine which is of course a complete fail for today :( I'm a vegetarian too, tried to go vegan but can't give up delicious cheese! I've kept my weight in check most of my life but a recent health issue required some meds that caused lots of weight gain. Add to that being over 40 and I'm struggling to take the weight off. Thought I'd try to chat with some of you struggling with the same issues to help keep me on track. Good luck!