Lose the last 10-15 pounds with me- need friends

Options
lorielon9
lorielon9 Posts: 24 Member
Hi lovely MFP community,

I'm a new mom with a 3 month old baby and I would love to get back in shape and lose some weight.. frankly I would love to prove myself that I can have a better body after giving birth then ever before by eating clean and starting to be really committed to exercise ( walking, weights in the gym and Pilates).. I hope that this would also help to give better nutrition for my LO and show her a good example for life.. And I'm looking for friends to join me and keep me committed, so please add me!!!

Replies

• bdickson405
    bdickson405 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of two in less than a year by c section! They are now three and four. I held my weight pretty steady but in the past year and a half. So I am now looking to lose about 40 pounds!! I'll add you!
  • sjstrong66
    sjstrong66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm in that "need to lose 10 lbs" club. Let's do this. Add me! Except I turned 50 and I want to be an example of how to not let age hold one back from fitness... I've always worked out but I started upping the ante first of the year. I'm doing it with strength training.. and already adding plates. A friend of mine has a 8, 10, & 12 year olds and won the body building championship last year...my sister has a 18 and 13 year old and could model in a fitness magazine, now she's no body builder but what they have in common is they prioritize workouts and fit them into their schedule -- REGULARLY! Even if it's brief and not intense - they never give up! And I love how her children see how mom takes care of herself - you only have 10# to lose -- but just pick up the habits AND EATING PLAN of a person you find as your inspiration. It'll take your fitness to a new level! It's beginning to work for me!
  • lorielon9
    Options
    I'm a mom of two in less than a year by c section! They are now three and four. I held my weight pretty steady but in the past year and a half. So I am now looking to lose about 40 pounds!! I'll add you!

Amazing let's do this together!!!!
  • lorielon9
    Options
    sjstrong66 wrote: »
    I'm in that "need to lose 10 lbs" club. Let's do this. Add me! Except I turned 50 and I want to be an example of how to not let age hold one back from fitness... I've always worked out but I started upping the ante first of the year. I'm doing it with strength training.. and already adding plates. A friend of mine has a 8, 10, & 12 year olds and won the body building championship last year...my sister has a 18 and 13 year old and could model in a fitness magazine, now she's no body builder but what they have in common is they prioritize workouts and fit them into their schedule -- REGULARLY! Even if it's brief and not intense - they never give up! And I love how her children see how mom takes care of herself - you only have 10# to lose -- but just pick up the habits AND EATING PLAN of a person you find as your inspiration. It'll take your fitness to a new level! It's beginning to work for me!

Super inspiring!!! Thank you so much for sharing!! Looking forward to do this together!!!