I need a low fat snack!

Options
westbrja
westbrja Posts: 111 Member
Hey everyone,

Would you all mind taking a look at my diary and suggesting a low fat snack? I don't like to end the day on such low calories and I'm feeling a little hungry. I have plenty of calories left, but don't want to blow the whole day either. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Update: So I'm going to make a toasted Thomas English Muffin (Double Fiber Honey Wheat) with a teaspoon of honey and banana on it...YUM!! Thanks everyone!!!

Replies

• cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Since you have mostly carbs left, what about some more sweet potatoes? I eat weird things at night, and maybe one waffle (like the ones you had for bfast) might do the trick, too. Haha, waffles for snack. BUT...that might do the trick. Sweet potatoes are probably healthier, though.

Some will argue about carbs and starches at night, and that you shouldn't eat them late, but just do what works for you. I, personally, enjoy eating back every delicious exercise calorie and am still losing.

I hope this helps; good luck! :)
  • RobertaG
    RobertaG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    FRUIT!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal
  • westbrja
    Options
    Those sweet potatoes were the bomb girl but unfortunately I had them in the hospital cafeteria where I spent my day with my mom. Maybe I will have a waffle though. I do have a sweet tooth. What about a Kellog Protein bar?
  • blueeyedtraveler
    blueeyedtraveler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Special K Sour Cream & Onion cracker chips! TRUST ME!! lol
  • JSRMom
    JSRMom Posts: 1
    Options
    I just tried a new treat tonight that was wonderful! Halve a kiwi and put a small dollop of plain fat free yogurt on the top of each half, then sprinkle a little bit of granola on top. I would say it was a total of a tablespoon of yogurt and a teaspoon of granola. So, very low cal and low fat but was so delicious and sweet and seemed like a real treat. Good luck!
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    anything with protien. almonds work for me and drink lots of water.
  • antonio823
    antonio823 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Just tossing out some ideas: A banana (or other fruit), some trail mix, cheese and crackers, more yogurt or even some frozen yogurt:)

Ant'
  • westbrja
    Options
    Oatmeal

Just ran out the other morning and tomorrow is grocery day :sad:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Chocolate milk is my favorite bedtime snack.
  • jmmnhi
    jmmnhi Posts: 5
    Options
    What about a low fat pudding cup? or Jello? You can add a small dollop of low fat cool whip or redi whip to it to add an oomph. Or since calories aren't a problem... add fruit.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    y'all are GOOD - I was going to suggest low fat ice cream sandwiches - I have some, 100 calories each - but fruit and yogurt is good too. lol
  • sceck
    sceck Posts: 219
    Options
    Oatmeal with a little honey and cinnamon!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Air-popped popcorn. One of my go-to snacks! Plus almonds, cheese sticks, fruit, yogurt.... a whole grain English muffin with natural peanut butter. If I had some celery tonight I would have done celery sticks and natural peanut butter... man now I'm hungry for celery!!!! Oh well.. good luck!
  • Mahhafooznit
    Mahhafooznit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My treats are a little wierd.. I like a cup of brocolli with a big glob of medium or hot salsa. spicy and filling
    and still has that health benefit.

or Brown rice with salsa.

or 1 cup of oatmeal with 2 spoon fulls of raspberry jam mixed in.
  • MaryW1962
    MaryW1962 Posts: 23
    Options
    I like the chocolate rice cakes with a tablespoon of peanut butter on top. YUMMMM!!!:bigsmile: