My new Exercise Routine

Options
I just turned 42, last week, on the 22nd. My 24-year-old son presented me with the only present I got. It was an exercise video. I've seen it in Wal-mart before, but it never really appealed to me so I never thought to buy it. It sounded to boring. I had a hard enough time walking a mile down the street. The next day, after my birthday, I decided to try it. After all I didn't want to hurt my thoughtful sons' feelings. I plugged the video into my son's Play Station 3 and viewed first. Then I decided to try it.
I started with the first work out that was about fifteen minutes. I got half way through the work out and the pain was awful. But I remembered my son telling me one day that when you start feeling pain, try to work past it and it will subside. So I did it, and my son was right. It was a painful endeavor but I did it, tears and all. By the time I got done with the first fifteen minutes of the work out, the pain had subsided and I decided to go with the next fifteen minutes. That was all I could do though.
I decided to try it again on the 26th and I got through the first half again. This work out is an interesting work out. It is called Walk Slim and allows you to walk four full miles in your own living room. There are five waves of the exercise that mixes marching in place with simple aerobic moves. It starts out moderate for the first fifteen minutes, it progresses a little mo vigorously the next fifteen minutes, the third fifteen minute wave is even more vigorous, then fourth fifteen minutes it has you doing moderate with a resistance band.
This is a good program and I'm going to incorporate it into my daily exercise routine.

Replies

• lilmogirl
    Options
    I just turned 42, last week, on the 22nd. My 24-year-old son presented me with the only present I got. It was an exercise video. I've seen it in Wal-mart before, but it never really appealed to me so I never thought to buy it. It sounded to boring. I had a hard enough time walking a mile down the street. The next day, after my birthday, I decided to try it. After all I didn't want to hurt my thoughtful sons' feelings. I plugged the video into my son's Play Station 3 and viewed first. Then I decided to try it.
    I started with the first work out that was about fifteen minutes. I got half way through the work out and the pain was awful. But I remembered my son telling me one day that when you start feeling pain, try to work past it and it will subside. So I did it, and my son was right. It was a painful endeavor but I did it, tears and all. By the time I got done with the first fifteen minutes of the work out, the pain had subsided and I decided to go with the next fifteen minutes. That was all I could do though.
    I decided to try it again on the 26th and I got through the first half again. This work out is an interesting work out. It is called Walk Slim and allows you to walk four full miles in your own living room. There are five waves of the exercise that mixes marching in place with simple aerobic moves. It starts out moderate for the first fifteen minutes, it progresses a little mo vigorously the next fifteen minutes, the third fifteen minute wave is even more vigorous, then fourth fifteen minutes it has you doing moderate with a resistance band.
    This is a good program and I'm going to incorporate it into my daily exercise routine.
  • RunningSteph
    Options
    :happy: Good for you! And kudos to your son for looking out for his mama!
  • NoraEE
    NoraEE Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!:drinker:
  • Redbug
    Redbug Posts: 41
    Options
    I assume you are referring to the Leslie Sansone tapes. I have about 20 of her walking tapes and have recommended them to everyone I know. The tapes range from beginners to advanced and anyone can them at any age. You need to check out her website leslisesansone.com. You can also make the walk low impact or high impact once you get the groove of it. I just purchased the newest one "5 milk fat burning walk" and what I like about it is the DVD is divided into miles and you can walk 1,2,3,4, or 5 miles and skip to the cool-down depending on your time limits. Keep up the good work and walk away the pounds and Happy Birthday!

118724.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter