I DID IT!!!!!

Options
My stats as of today.
5' 3"
GW 145
CW 139
Felt the best and looked the best between 136-138

Total weight loss from my highest weight 94 lbs

I have always had a weight issue since I was 10. It had nothing to do with sweets or soda or not eating the right things. My problem is twofold. I love food and I love to eat.

I eat when I am happy, sad, depressed, angry, disgusted, joyous, scared... You get the drift. I love the tastes and textures of food. I love fast food, Home cooked meals, Pot lucks, sit down restaurants, even gas station food. There is not a food that I don’t like (at least I have not found one yet.) In other words, I am addicted to food. How can you be addicted to food? One may ask. You need food to survive. How can you be addicted to something that you need to keep you alive?

Well here is how it happens, At least in my case.
I am not going to go back to when I was 10. I am going to start this at the ripe ole age of 22 I weight 185-190. By the age of 25 I was pretty much set in my ways. I ate out every meal. It was not just one meal. No it was all three. And then maybe a snack. I would hop in the car and go to the drive thru and bam…. I was eating and on my way. I got married at 26 and when I got married I weighed 190 lbs. And 190 on my 5 foot 3 inch frame is quite a lot. But I didn’t care. Then, How does that saying go, First come love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in a baby carriage. I had my first child at 29. When I gave birth to sweet baby number 1. I weight 233. That was my highest. After baby I dropped to maybe 220. Then life happens and along came sweet baby number 2! I had her at 31 and I weight 233. The exact same weight I was for the first one! I yo-yoed for a couple of years between 215 – 220. After that I dropped again and yo-yoed again for a couple more years between 195 – 205. When I finally started my journey to a healthier lifestyle commitment, I weight 205. I now weigh 139 which is at the higher end of my BMI but I am now in my normal range. And I am loving life.

I did go on vacation and gained about 7lbs and almost have that off but I went on a cruise and I was not going to deny myself any of that fabulous food.

I am actually lower than my original goal weight of 145 I did get down to 135 before vacation and I really liked the way I looked and felt between 136 - 138. I am going to try to attach pics but I don't know if I can.

This Picture I am 233 My highest weight and the little munchkin is my oldest daughter who just turned 10!

vv2tam4jwjd7.jpg

In this picture I weight probably 215 - 220

872quzotaho6.jpg

This picture was taken in March of 2016 I weighed between 205 and 210 ish

offx9za7z9z5.jpg

This picture was my halfway point ish. I weight I think 173

3r0xxjzhyxh6.jpg

And this was my GOAL WEIGHT PICTURE!!!! 145 lbs

pprcy1r8ty36.jpg

This picture I weight between 136 and 138

2n8baw1djdjp.jpg

This was on my vacation so not sure how much I weighed probably 138ish it was the first couple of days.

oiz6fksuiiws.jpg

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Well done!
  • mactaffy428
    mactaffy428 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Looking and doing AWESOME!
  • SalvationMountain41
    SalvationMountain41 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations on your success! You look incredible! As a fellow food addict, I feel I could have written this myself. If you read my bio, it is very similar. Almost half way to my goal, so this is very inspiring. You give a fellow shorty hope!
  • chimonetabron2014
    chimonetabron2014 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Amazing journey!! I can definitely relate with the eating out every meal. It is so hard to get away from that but obviously doable!! Thank you for your story & CONGRATULATIONS :)
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Great job! Thank you for posting your story and your pictures!
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Woot! Woot!
  • Catchphrase33
    Catchphrase33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You give a fellow shorty hope!
    Ha,Ha. Now that I lost the weight I have been told a couple of times. "my I didn't realized how short you were."
    You got this!

• Catchphrase33
    Catchphrase33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I can definitely relate with the eating out every meal. It is so hard to get away from that but obviously doable!!

This was the hardest part for me to overcome. For the first couple of weeks. (and I am not even being sarcastic) I would cry at the commercials on TV. The only way I could make sure I stayed on track was to not go to fast food restaurants. I went to one 3 times the whole time I was getting to my goal weight. and on those occasions I went to Subway and got the chopped salad. Good luck. You can do it!!!
  • Obxdee
    Obxdee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats on your dedication!
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Great job! WTG!
  • suenewberry81
    suenewberry81 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Wow you've done so well, can I ask what did you drop your calories to? And did you exercise much? I need your motivation x
  • Richellebeatle
    Richellebeatle Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You go girl! You are such an inspiration! Truly an amazing transformation! <3
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    So much commitment in this post. So much dedication. You did an incredible thing for yourself and your family! What's next? You look like you could take on the world!!
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Wow.. That is awesome . Great effort on your part
  • The_Movie_Chair
    The_Movie_Chair Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Congratulations on your success! Thank you for sharing
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Standing ovation!
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! You look fab! :)
  • Freakbunny
    Freakbunny Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Omg you look so happy and healthy, well done
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    BRAVO
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!