Anyone link Fitbit

Options
2»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    nihilissa wrote: »
    I do, but I don't eat my calories burned unless it's a special occassion (birthday, holiday, special work event). I feel like working out, then eatting what you just burnt defeats the whole purpose. It can be hard. At 5 even and 130-135 i get 1200 a day.

If you are using MFP to set goals that's exactly how it's supposed to work though. The 1200 cal goal has your deficit built in, so when you exercise and don't eat them back you are netting below the recommended minimum calorie target of 1200.

• obLIVIon79
    obLIVIon79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks all think I'm going to try not eating the burnt awarded calories except for treat dates. I was using these but not losing. I've up daily allowance from 1200 to 1400 (I'm 5ft 5 and 161 lbs) hopefully this will allow me to not go hungry but lose weight. 1200 wasn't enough for me :(
  • rnedwbt
    rnedwbt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    If you are logging food in MFP, I would recommend ignoring the Fitbit's Calorie In Calories Out Tile Display and rely on the MFP Fitbit Calorie Adjustment - that is what I do. If you stop moving a few hours before midnight, your MFP Fitbit Calorie Adjustment could decrease as it approaches midnight, so leave about 15 Calories per hour cushion to account for the decrease.

It would be nice if we could manually set the time at which the new day begins, to avoid going over at the last minute/hour. (ex 10pm instead of midnight). Do you know if this is possible?
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I did but it just got too confusing for me. I add my exercise calories manually.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    rls1321 wrote: »
    CyberTone wrote: »
    If you are logging food in MFP, I would recommend ignoring the Fitbit's Calorie In Calories Out Tile Display and rely on the MFP Fitbit Calorie Adjustment - that is what I do. If you stop moving a few hours before midnight, your MFP Fitbit Calorie Adjustment could decrease as it approaches midnight, so leave about 15 Calories per hour cushion to account for the decrease.

It would be nice if we could manually set the time at which the new day begins, to avoid going over at the last minute/hour. (ex 10pm instead of midnight). Do you know if this is possible?

You can try setting both MFP and Fitbit to a couple times zones to the west of where you live - that will make both apps start an hour or two later. You also might need to turn off automatic time zones in your mobile device if that device overrides individual app settings. I've never tried this, but I have heard some users who work swing shifts choose another time zone setting at it works for them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!