100 Day Burpee Challenge

Options

Replies

• chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    for logging I think it really depends on your fitness level. I am pretty sure I burnt about 3 cals if that doing 3 burpees so I am obviously not logging that. As we get to higher numbers (which won't take long) you'll get to the point where you can't do them all in one set. This is probably when I would start logging and I would personally be using circuit training general.

I have no idea how many cals I would have burnt in my 8min odd 100 burpees last time. I will say it was DEFINITELY more than the 100cal/10mins that circuit training gives me. And my heart was pounding for about 20mins after so I think there is some definite EPOC going on!
  • MaxandHenrysMom
    MaxandHenrysMom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Day three done!
  • winnay
    winnay Posts: 3
    Options
    I'd like to join as well if it isn't too late. Burpees are brutal but definitely a great workout!
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    What is burpees???
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I'll join in on this, my number of pushups is horrible and needs help, but can't complete right now as I am in class (shh). Hopefully I'll remember when I get home, otherwise tomorrow would be an interesting intro.

As far as logging it, I wouldn't bother until you are at 50 or above as it wouldn't be worth it.
  • kls310
    kls310 Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm in...my PT loves making us do burpees and I'm okay at them, so I would love to impress him by getting better with form and time...! 3 down today.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    When is this starting?
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Just found this post, I'm in. I'll start adding them to my routine every morning to get warmed up. Just to be clear we're on day three, is that right?
  • Joshuaak
    Joshuaak Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Did my six.
  • dieselbugparrot
    Options
    I'm in too. Just did 6 as well.
  • bfnp
    bfnp Posts: 58
    Options
    Yes today is day 3, so we should have all done (or do by the end of the day) 6 burpees total for all 3 days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MGljX4bbps will show you how to do them. The first 45 seconds gives you the basics. They add some advanced stuff at the end but that's not for me yet.

On a side note, I did 44 cold Saturday and I'm still recovering. This is going to be rough. Can't wait!
  • dointime
    dointime Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Mine are pretty tragic looking, but I'm still doing them and looking forward to getting better!
  • lovemore
    lovemore Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im so in. We used to do these at crossfit and they kicked my butt. But im confused. How many do we have to do a day?
  • lovemore
    Options
    Just did 6
  • ursula0601k
    ursula0601k Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    for logging I think it really depends on your fitness level. I am pretty sure I burnt about 3 cals if that doing 3 burpees so I am obviously not logging that. As we get to higher numbers (which won't take long) you'll get to the point where you can't do them all in one set. This is probably when I would start logging and I would personally be using circuit training general.

I have no idea how many cals I would have burnt in my 8min odd 100 burpees last time. I will say it was DEFINITELY more than the 100cal/10mins that circuit training gives me. And my heart was pounding for about 20mins after so I think there is some definite EPOC going on!

I think doing that many in that short of time is incredible! Wtg! I definitely will have to pace myself, but it is a great workout.
  • bfnp
    bfnp Posts: 58
    Options
    Im so in. We used to do these at crossfit and they kicked my butt. But im confused. How many do we have to do a day?

Day 1 do 1, day 2 do 2, day 3 do 3...day 99 do 99, day 100 do 100.

If you did six you're caught up through day 3, and today is day 4. Welcome aboard!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    day 3 done
  • Bean5
    Bean5 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ok, day 4, caught up with 10! Great warm up!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Did my 3 burpees yesterday. Have to do 4 today...will have to be lateer though since I didn't work out today!
  • lovemore
    Options
    I did four. I like this My pushups really suck though.