I need an app that will suggest food based on nutritional facts

Options
I find it difficult to fill in in those last calories of the day based on my daily goals, I hope there is a app that I can look up Foods buy low carb low fat low calories or a combination of any of those and find a food suggestion for my snacks

Replies

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Google
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Experience.

Need fat = nuts or cheese.
    Need protein = protein bar, beef jerky, Greek yogurt

For what it's worth, the only foods that are low carb and low fat are lean meat, shrimp, white fish and 0% plain Greek yogurt... and it's not exactly a balanced diet.
  • lorridevlin
    lorridevlin Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Agreed! When I have a certain amount of fat/protein etc. remaining, and want a snack that fits, it would be very helpful to search Low fat options, Low protein, etc.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Agreed! When I have a certain amount of fat/protein etc. remaining, and want a snack that fits, it would be very helpful to search Low fat options, Low protein, etc.

If you are talking about filling a gap at the end of the day, aren't you kind of restricted by what's available to you, like in your fridge or pantry? If you aren't sure what the best option is, why not just input a couple things that sound good and see which rounds out your day better?

I'd much rather make my decisions off of what sounds good and what I have available than by what some random app recommends...