I am sick and tired...

Options
2»

Replies

• Catchphrase33
    Catchphrase33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I hate this too! I hate people who say things like "No way you weight that much!" "You're not fat, you're a little plump" I was morbidly obese at the time. My own GP was telling me I would die if i didn't lose.
    When i lost weight i got to 155lbs at 5'3 so BMI wise i was still overweight and people were constantly telling me i was too thin. I wish people would just back off and let me get to my goals and let me decide what I'm happy with but sadly people don't.

I've also had people ask me how i lost weight and refuse to believe it's as simple as calories in and out, then get mad at me as if i'm keeping some magic pill a secret.

Best to be your own judge and if many people say something similar, then maybe talk to a professional just to make sure you are still healthy. I don't think people mean to be rude or sabotage us.. well some of them. If they want to know how you lost it, tell them and if they don't believe you it's their loss.

I am 5'3!!! And people said the same thing to me!!!! That is funny I think when I got down to 170 people started telling me I need to stop I am losing to much weight. And I would say well I am still considered obese. Diabetes runs in my family and I don't want to get that and I already have High blood pressure so I am going to continue to lose weight until I can be in my "normal" BMI so I don't get Diabetes. (which was the reason I started this journey in the first place)

I also get you never looked that Heavy! ugh that drives me crazy also. I want to say well you never saw me naked. lol

• ash3monti
    ash3monti Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere once that when we see people we know getting skinnier our evolutionary fight or flight instinct takes over. Our body subconsciously begins to worry about food scarcity and illness. We are historically used to seeing people shrivel away before they die. Therefore we want them to eat to reassure ourselves that there is food.

It's all very psychological, and might be total crap, but I thought it was an interesting theory.
  • Catchphrase33
    Catchphrase33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    ash3monti wrote: »

It's all very psychological, and might be total crap, but I thought it was an interesting theory.

lol It sounds like it could be true.

• amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

Could you be feeling like your hard work is not being recognized causing you to get upset?

No, I don't think that is what it is. I just think it is because I feel like I am constantly defending myself. Not that I have to by any means but feel that I need to. I don't know. I have been in maintenance mode for a couple of months so it is still new to be at this weight and maybe in a year or so people will be over it but as of right now it just gets frustrating.

I get it now. You feel like you are being bullied. It's still all new and will eventually cool off, don't worry. People hate change and resist it. If you understand it's just a reaction and not deliberate bullying, ignoring it becomes easier. I'll admit ash3monti's theory sounds interesting. I might have to look into it. Because even I have an easier time accepting weight gain in people than weight loss. I don't say anything about it, of course, because I've lost weight myself, but it's there in the back of my mind. Weight loss change feels more alien.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    The other day my boss said to me, "you go to the gym before and after work!? You're crazy!"

I just smiled and thought to myself what would happen if I'd said, "you don't go to the gym!? You're so lazy!"

No point getting angry about it..
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    The other day my boss said to me, "you go to the gym before and after work!? You're crazy!"

I just smiled and thought to myself what would happen if I'd said, "you don't go to the gym!? You're so lazy!"

"You're Fired!" ;)