How often do you weight yourself

Options
I'm new at this and I don't know how often I should weigh myself.

Replies

• dHowe4406
    dHowe4406 Posts: 114
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. Make sure it is the same day and at same time too.
  • megskin15
    megskin15 Posts: 94
    Options
    I've heard once a week... but I'm kind of OCD and weigh myself daily.
  • kiminita
    kiminita Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself about every two weeks, always in the morning right when you wake up. And I do it nakie :)
    Good luck!
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    "They" say once a week....whoever they are. I weigh every day, first thing in the morning. :)
  • zmoreno10
    zmoreno10 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Typically recommended to weigh yourself only once a week. However, I weigh myself every morning after my workout and shower at the gym.
  • korygilliam
    korygilliam Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but understand that you can fluctuate 3-5 pounds w/o it actually being 'weight gain' because of water retention. I heard that a study showed that those who weigh daily actually lose more weight because of being able to catch cues that you are doing too much/too little faster, but I don't know where I heard/read that at, but it has worked for me.
  • Autumn1206
    Autumn1206 Posts: 126
    Options
    Once per week.

I don't own a scale so that makes it easy not to weigh myself daily. I've also heard "put it under the bed" or hide the scale in the closet". If I owned one, I would weigh myself before and after every bowel movement just to see if it made any difference. So, to protect my sanity, I use the biggest loser scale at the office.
  • purnurple
    purnurple Posts: 102
    Options
    every bloody morning after i pee and poop
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    I personally do it every single morning.. :flowerforyou:
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    I officially weigh-in once a week, every Friday. But lately I've been picking up the habit of peaking during the week, but I try to log those changes in weight, only those that I see on Friday.
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    I personally do it every single morning.. :flowerforyou:
  • LilMissStrawberry
    LilMissStrawberry Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who weighs myself everyday! I often hear people say how you should only do it every week but I don't know how I'd survive only doing it every week. Doing it every morning helps me to see what worked and what didn't from the day before.
  • catherun
    catherun Posts: 4
    Options
    I was doing it at least once a day, and it was doing more harm than good. If I was light, I'd want to eat more than I should, and if I was heavy I'd panic and want to starve myself. You weigh different amounts depending on the day and the time of day and what you're wearing, so it's best to weigh once a week or so keeping all the factors that you can the same. I put a sign on my scale not to use it until next Friday, and I told all my friends my goal. I'm going to be good, and check out the results THEN....without peeking ahead of time and either getting too excited or discouraged.
  • Smittyinthesun2
    Options
    I haven't since March !
  • thecodester19
    Options
    Once a week, I weigh myself at the same time.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I only "record" my weight once a week. But I totally peep it every day because I'm obsessive and manic and absurdly expect myself to look like Hope Solo over night.
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I only record my official weight on Fridays, first thing in the AM after emptying my bladder. However, I'm extremely OCD, and I weigh myself a couple times a day. :-/
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but understand that you can fluctuate 3-5 pounds w/o it actually being 'weight gain' because of water retention. I heard that a study showed that those who weigh daily actually lose more weight because of being able to catch cues that you are doing too much/too little faster, but I don't know where I heard/read that at, but it has worked for me.

I'm the same myself...I weigh in every morning after I've gone to the restroom. It gives me the motivation each day to see if I've progressed, if not then no sweat ✿
  • PamelaRose88
    Options
    I agree, once a week seems like a good amount of time. not so often that you become obsessed, but often enough that you wont let yourself get off track! good luck :)
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but only log my weight once a week (Friday mornings).