I marched

Options

Replies

• SalvationMountain41
    SalvationMountain41 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    LOVE this! Well done and as a woman who couldn't march due to a family obligation - Thank you!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, fellow marcher! It's such a good feeling to achieve a level of fitness that enables you to do all the things you're passionate about.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Awesome, well done and thank you from me and my new "robotic" knee that doesn't allow me to even march too long around the track at the gym yet. <3
  • sfa90
    sfa90 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    TmacMMM wrote: »
    sfa90 wrote: »
    I am very curious now, for what reason you march?

I think you're going to need to Google that. Explanations will surely get political.

I got more steps on march day than I ever have! Nice bonus! :)

Haha, I used Google, and well done! You women are great for doing this :)
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    This is such an awesome story. Congratulations! You sound as if you are, and you should be, very, very proud of yourself!
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Well done. Keep walking, keep getting stronger.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Go, girl! B)
  • cbenno97
    cbenno97 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    From a fellow marcher (D.C.), congrats--I bet it felt awesome!
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I marched in DC both Friday and Saturday!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    We are strong women and we can march...walk...run...cycle...lift...etc...etc

Congratulations OP. I remember when I first started I lived in Seattle and had to climb a hill to get anywhere. I would have to stop and rest a couple of times before I could make it up the hill.

Now...my son took me to San Fran a few months ago...I walked all over the city...yes even up and down those steep hills.

BTW...I am 64...I am a stronger woman than I was years ago...I am stronger because...now I march(well...I walk pretty fast).

On a side note...there are many strong men and they too know how to march. My son has been by my side supporting and encouraging all along the way. So I want to thank all the men that have walked(marched) with us as we have gotten stronger.
  • MrsKila
    MrsKila Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    This is not a political statement in any form or way. It is a post about joy and success.

Me, the obese lady who can't bend down and tie her shoes, I marched side by side with others. I wasn't sure about it when friends suggested that I should join them, but I wanted to be there. I wanted to participate in the women's march.

Away from home, sleeping in a hotel with tempting food around me; active days, far away from my couch and my favorite chair. I had my doubts. I can't stand for too long. I always feel the need to sit down. I don't move much.

I marched. I took breaks, found places to rest and sit down, but got back up and marched. It wore me out and I felt sore the next day but I did it. We stopped and visited friends on our way back, today we arrived at home. I went straight upstairs and stepped on the scale. I have lost another 4 pounds.

I marched and now I will continue to march on our old treadmill. Maybe not a mile, maybe not even half a mile at first but I will get better. I will march for myself.

Signing up here has changed my life. I just started but there is no turning back. I don't know where to post this.

Great! Congrats!
  • saltypickle
    saltypickle Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congrats from a fellow marcher (St. Paul)! Keep the energy you felt that Saturday and use it when ever you need to do something challenging again.
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! WTG!
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Now THAT is a victory!!! Thank you for marching. And well done!!!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I love this so much!! It took you out of your comfort zone for sure and you did it! I was in Chicago and it was a lot of walking / standing. I too was sore, but so happy to be there.
  • silde16
    silde16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I'm so happy for you. Keep on marching :)
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    and congrats to both groups of women who marched each a week apart..... get out there and move!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I think the take-away lesson from this is that we can incorporate our health and fitness goals in to our everyday lives. Not all fitness goals need to be met in a gym or on a treadmill. We can also get fit by marching for the causes that we care about...cancer...aids...autism...etc...etc.

Here is a blog that I found that lists several. Since I am doing a walking program I think that I will finds some that are in my area.

http://www.charitywalksblog.com/charity-walk-events/

OP...you have done much more than marched...you have motivated me and I am sure others to put our new found fitness to use.
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Congratulations keep moving!
  • Barbara2099
    Barbara2099 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    As much as you say this is not political...it became so. I did not MARCH, but I believe in walking.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!