Affordable plant-based protein powder

Options
I'm looking for an affordable plant based protein powder recommendation. If you have any suggestions, please let me know! Thanks!

P.S. I'm always looking for new MFP friends. Feel free to add me

Replies

• danipals1
    danipals1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love the chocolate Vega one with aloud milk and half a frozen banana. (The banana makes it sweet and creamy!) I love that it has 6 servings of greens.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I second Vega. I haven't tried it yet but I believe Olly is also plant based.
  • Heyheather2711
    Heyheather2711 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Vega or beautyfit
  • CM_73
    CM_73 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Myprotein soy protein isoalate. Personal favorite is the smooth chocolate flavour, it's just a thick, delicious chocolate milkshake!
    Good protein/calorie ratio as well
  • burnsdesi
    burnsdesi Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Garden of Life. They make protein powders as well as meal replacement shake powders. I add a scoop of either to my smoothies (never drink them plain).
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    burnsdesi wrote: »
    Garden of Life. They make protein powders as well as meal replacement shake powders. I add a scoop of either to my smoothies (never drink them plain).

Garden for life is a pretty high quality protein according to labdoor.

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

OP this link might help you.
  • pdadhich721
    pdadhich721 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Vega is a great option! Costco has it for 30$. Otherwise GNC sells it for 50.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    None of them are that tasty (based on what I've tried so far), but the Vega is okay if you mix it with stuff (like in a smoothie rather than just as a shake). Doesn't work in oatmeal for me, though -- doesn't mix well and the taste is a problem.
  • kellylynnshonting
    kellylynnshonting Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    SunWarrior is really good and versatile.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    None of them are that tasty (based on what I've tried so far), but the Vega is okay if you mix it with stuff (like in a smoothie rather than just as a shake). Doesn't work in oatmeal for me, though -- doesn't mix well and the taste is a problem.

I find mixing it hard too. I'm thinking of switching to something that will mix well in coffee.
  • shelbyzoe91
    shelbyzoe91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm currently creating an excel spreadsheet with all the pros/cons of 18 different protein powders. There are too many to choose from!
  • Chandra126
    Chandra126 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Vega for me too, I agree with the people above about mixing it tho, I use a shaker cup and keep having to swirl it or shake it before every sip.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I buy a lot of hemp and pea protein powder at the Bulk Barn here in Canada. I think they are both around $10-12 a pound, cheaper if on sale, and I can buy the quantities I want. I don't make many shakes with them, I tend to use them in cooking and baking and when making my own "milk" for cereal.
  • gigieatss
    gigieatss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    NUZEST protein powder is the bomb. Seriously, I adore it and it has the best vegan flavors!!
  • mellowadam
    mellowadam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Sun warrior taste really good. It has a weird texture that might be a deal breaker for some people but it's great with a banana and some almond milk.
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    About Time. I haven't tried to Vegan one but I use the regular strawberry and its really good. Not sure what your idea of affordable is, but check it out on their website. You can also order single serving packs to sample before buying a big tub. Hope you find one you like :)
  • geezgrl08
    geezgrl08 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am forever looking for a protein powder that is plant based and reasonable texture. I am allergic to banana so that is never an option for me to mask the flavor.
  • wyhone
    wyhone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I take a scoop of Garden of Life meal replacement with high protein, add it to a cup of unsweet almond milk and down it first thing in the morning. It isn't as tasty as some others I've had but it has so much solid nutritional content in it that's worth it.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    This is the one that I am using now...I like it not only in shakes but I also bake with it. I use the vanilla...the chocolate was okay but I prefer the vanilla.

https://www.amazon.com/Naturade-Vegansmart-Nutritional-Shake-Vanilla/dp/B00CWLA56O/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1485542547&sr=1-1&keywords=naturade+vegan+smart&th=1

I have tried a few different ones but had just about given up using protein powder. The hemp powder that I tried was the worse...just couldn't handle it but my son prefers it.