20 lbs to Lose - anyone else?

Options

Replies

• eatingems
    eatingems Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    my goal is somewhere between 20 and 30. Wherever I feel comfortable maintaining :)
  • mrscruz5189
    mrscruz5189 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    New here as well, trying to lose 20 to 30 lbs, hoping to find some friends to keep me motivated. Im logging every meal and trying to lose it fast!
  • pztodd
    pztodd Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    dottiedj wrote: »
    20 pounds...slow and easy. You didn't gain it overnight and you won't lose it overnight. Mine crept on me up over the last year when I wasn't watching what I was eating. Think about it: All you have to do is eat 200 calories more than you burn and you've gained 20 pounds in a year! YIKES. But the opposite is true as well: Burn 200 more calories than you eat every day and the 20 pounds is gone in a year. That's less than an hour a day of exercise. So the trick is track your intake and your burn. It will come off. Just be persistent.

Dottie you are frigging awesome!
  • lisciousg24
    lisciousg24 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I want to lose a total of 35 lbs. However, my short term goal is 15 lbs. I'm actually down 20 from where I started. So determination pays off. And it definitely takes time.
  • dottiedj
    dottiedj Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    pztodd wrote: »
    Dottie you are frigging awesome!

@pztodd That's very nice of you to say. I tell myself things like this to keep myself motivated. It's very easy to succumb to eating an extra piece of bread at dinner, or those chips at the Mexican restaurant. But I try to remind myself that those little 'extras' are what put the weight on, and skipping them will take the weight off without too much sacrifice.
  • melissafortin146
    melissafortin146 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am not new to MFP , and if anyone needs a boost or motivation, please feel free to add me
  • mslucia10
    mslucia10 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! Feeling positive -feeling better each and every day
  • Sedu1906
    Sedu1906 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    20 lbs is my goal by June 1st.
  • muffinmondays
    muffinmondays Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    that is my ultimate goal to lose 20lbs - am starting off slowly with my first goal being 10lbs :-)
  • Dopie2
    Dopie2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Down 11 lbs and 20lbs to go!!
  • bellissimaluna
    bellissimaluna Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucy! Love your name! Anyway.... I have 15 pounds to lose, but 20 would be a dream......I see you already lost 2 pounds, great job!
  • HMHolder001
    HMHolder001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose about 20lbs here. Already lost 8-10lbs after completely changing diet and exercising. I jog a mile a day, and have cut my time to in between 10-12 minutes. I have one break day. Also trying to walk one mile with my dog when I can. I'm on my feet at work all day, and I try to get a snack in while I can when I'm there, either before lunch or before closing. I've cut out all soft drinks and I drink Natural Loose leaf teas and water. Ive been doing a detox tea regimen and I believe that helped me lose above stated weight as well. Working on building healthy habits for a healthy lifestyle. Both my parents are in horrible health shape and I don't wanna be there. Buying a blender and food scale soon too. I hope everyone gets to their goal! My biggest goal? Live to 100! :)
  • HMHolder001
    HMHolder001 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sedu1906 wrote: »
    20 lbs is my goal by June 1st.

Same here! Hoping to drop the 20lbs and then build a little muscle afterwards and maybe be at 125/130 with muscle.
  • sonstott63
    sonstott63 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wanna lose about 20-25 pounds as well. Just started using mfp again. But started dieting more last week and already lost 2 pounds which is a start!
  • kagostinis
    kagostinis Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • Honeybunny3
    Honeybunny3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi, looking to lose 20lbs too, add me and we can support each other. Have a great day!
  • beelinx
    beelinx Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've lost about 40lbs so far. I seem to be stuck, started using this app to help with the rest. I also have 20 to go.
  • mlgarza0831
    mlgarza0831 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    New here need to loose 25lbs. Can also use more motivational friends. Add me too. Not sure how to add :/
  • xoalexaCxo
    xoalexaCxo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's awesome that you decided to start your new lifestyle, keep up the dedication and hard work. I can't even tell you how many times I have gone back and forth with eating healthy and gaining weight. This time I want it to be a way of life and continue it going forward. So far I have lost almost 20lbs and only have 11 more to meet my goal. I am always looking for people in similar situations it's great to have support. Anyone who wants to add me feel free. :)
  • MarieCoreaa1
    MarieCoreaa1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucy, I'm trying to loose 20+ lbs. I had lost weight on WW and have gained it all back + some. We are here to encourage and keep each other accountable, So find others in the MFP community that will do that. And the most important thing is tracking everything that goes in the mouth that you have to chew :noway: :drinker: Welcome to MFP

You can add me (Marie)