The Diamond Challenge: Week 1 (Little Diamonds)

Options

Replies

• kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    QOTD Monday

Okay, not exactly a question, but... complete the following sentence:

"I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but... [something silly or embarrassing]"

When I was a little girl, my dad would put an ice tray filled with water into the freezer, say "Abracadabra!" or some other magical words, and bring it back out filled with ice. I thought Dad had some amazing magic trick that instantly turned water into ice. I even remember trying it a few times, but I wasn't magical. I was probably 10 or even 12 years old before I figured out he was taking out a different ice tray.

...The things parents do to us! :laugh:
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    QOTD Monday

"I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but... [something silly or embarrassing]"

When I was a little girl, my dad would put an ice tray filled with water into the freezer, say "Abracadabra!" or some other magical words, and bring it back out filled with ice. I thought Dad had some amazing magic trick that instantly turned water into ice. I even remember trying it a few times, but I wasn't magical. I was probably 10 or even 12 years old before I figured out he was taking out a different ice tray.

...The things parents do to us! :laugh:

LOL, I know what you mean. I am a daddy's girls too and always believed everything that he said. He use to flex his arm muscle and tell me that while he was hunting a frog jumped in his mouth and crawled into his arm. I was probably about 12 when I figured out that it was a lie! :laugh: I was so gullable! I remember touching his arm and squelling whenever the "frog jumped".
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    QOTD Monday

My response:

I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but I used to think my mother had superhuman powers. Every time things weren't going so well she would say, "Don't worry, I have Mommie magic". Well, I truly believed that she had magical powers! It was a very comforting thought, growing up poor, to know that I never had to worry since my mother was magical! Lol!

First of all, I am so excited about starting this challenge!! :happy: I'm sneaking in a few moments to change my pic and answer this question. Okay, Here we go:

I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but, when I was 14 through 20 years old, I wrote fan fiction with my best friend based on a t.v. show called Dark Shadows, which was about a vampire. To this day, I still have a thing for vampire-themed shows (even though most people probably think enough is enough with the vampire thing). :laugh: So, yeah, embarrassing. :blushing: No fan fiction since, though. Lol! However, I do still love creative writing.

I'll be back on later to read everyone's comments! Can't wait to get to know everyone! :flowerforyou:
    --Val
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    QOTD Monday

First of all, I am with you all on not liking the dark....and my bedroom door has to be open ALL OF THE WAY - if it is even an inch away from the wall, I get up to make sure nothing is behind it! My husband laughs at me!

Well, here is something embarrassing that is food related - when I used to have a sugar craving, I would open a can of sweetened condensed milk and eat it with a spoon! Seriously! I would only eat a few spoonfuls, put the rest in the fridge and use it for my coffee and such...but still! How could I have thought that was good??? No wonder I was over 200 lbs!
  • KPstartingover
    KPstartingover Posts: 268 Member
    Options

Elle - I like your embarrassing food craving so I'll do one too - my favorite sandwich growing up was white bread, peanut butter (on both sides), brown sugar packed on, then topped with maple syrup. The maple syrup would carmelize the brown sugar and it was YUMMY! Had to eat it pretty fast, though, because the syrup would start to drip out the sides. I am embarrassed to say that I still crave that sandwich sometimes :blushing: but at least now I won't give in to it!
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Hello little Diamonds!! I am so excited to start a new challenge!

QOTD: "I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but when I was young my Mum gave me a book about the facts of life but didn't read it with me. For more years than I like to admit, I believed that the man put his pennies in the lady during a 'special cuddle'. Thankfully my reading is slightly better these days :laugh:

Go white diamonds!
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options
    Hello little Diamonds!! I am so excited to start a new challenge!

QOTD: "I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but when I was young my Mum gave me a book about the facts of life but didn't read it with me. For more years than I like to admit, I believed that the man put his pennies in the lady during a 'special cuddle'. Thankfully my reading is slightly better these days :laugh:

Go white diamonds!
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options

I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but, I don't really like chocolate. The texture is too thick....I know, I am weird..LOL!!!:wink:
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Elle - I like your embarrassing food craving so I'll do one too - my favorite sandwich growing up was white bread, peanut butter (on both sides), brown sugar packed on, then topped with maple syrup. The maple syrup would carmelize the brown sugar and it was YUMMY! Had to eat it pretty fast, though, because the syrup would start to drip out the sides. I am embarrassed to say that I still crave that sandwich sometimes :blushing: but at least now I won't give in to it!

I used to make a cake batter and eat it out of the bowl. I never had the intention of actually baking the cake; I just wanted the batter. I also did it with muffin mix. I know I always ran the risk of consuming raw eggs, not to mention just how bad it was for me overall, but I just didn't care. I couldn't imagine doing that now (although I would probably still lick the mixer - lol!)
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

That's hilarious! And yes, I'm glad you got that all straightened out! :wink:
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    QOTD Monday

I never thought i would tell a stranger this, but i'm terrified of stinkbugs! lol i scream even when i just see one. The thing is i'm not a total girly girl though lol i can do guy things but im scared of them.
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

I used to make a cake batter and eat it out of the bowl. I never had the intention of actually baking the cake; I just wanted the batter. I also did it with muffin mix. I know I always ran the risk of consuming raw eggs, not to mention just how bad it was for me overall, but I just didn't care. I couldn't imagine doing that now (although I would probably still lick the mixer - lol!)

I used to totally sit around the kitchen waiting for my grandmother to finish stirring up a cake so that I could lick the bowl, the spoon, the mixer, and everything in between! I didn't hear about the dangers of eating raw eggs until much later... too late to care!
  • LadyByrd77
    LadyByrd77 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

QOTD Monday

"I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but... [something silly or embarrassing

I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but I slept in the bed with my sister until I went to middle school.
  • yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options

QOTD Monday

"I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but... [something silly or embarrassing
    [/quote

hey little idamonds I'm excited but I have to confess I had a horrible day of eating .:sad: ] I don't know what happened it was like I'm a bottomless pit. I will do better I promise.

Now for my silly or embarrassing moment. I am very afraid of any kind of bug and one day my daughter was screaming because she saw a bug in the kitchen and it was a lady bug. I told her and my son and husband that a lady bug is the only bug I wasn't afraid of and as I was saying that I picked it up and continued saying I like lady bugs they are the only bug I like except when they fly and as soon as I said that it took flight and I started screaming.:blushing: of course my family did not let me live that one down.
  • Mandyw58
    Mandyw58 Posts: 99 Member
    Options

Until fairly recently, I was a huge tomboy. I was at a Christmas party last year, and we were doing a gift exchange, the kind where you can steal each other's gifts and I ended up taking my friend's gift, which was a purse. She was upset until I showed her what I had been using as a purse for the past 10 years (http://bit.ly/fLSQZL). Needless to say, she admitted that I needed the purse way more than she did.

Edit: I tried to insert a hyperlink to the url, but gave up after several failed attempts.
  • LoraEllen
    LoraEllen Posts: 81
    Options
    "I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but I accepted an invitation to be the date of a much younger man to an upcoming company party today.........not sure if I should've but he caught me off guard.
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but... my ex-husband would "moo" or "oink" at me when I ate anything "unhealthy"..... and I was a size 4 or 6 then. No wonder I developed food issues.
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

I never thought I would tell a stranger this, but, I don't really like chocolate. The texture is too thick....I know, I am weird..LOL!!!:wink:

Nice to hear! You know I don't like "brown/dark" chocolate, not even in a cake. Although I eat white chocolate.
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

I used to totally sit around the kitchen waiting for my grandmother to finish stirring up a cake so that I could lick the bowl, the spoon, the mixer, and everything in between! I didn't hear about the dangers of eating raw eggs until much later... too late to care!

I still like that today! :-)
  • miss_jamaica
    miss_jamaica Posts: 376 Member
    Options

Nice to hear! You know I don't like "brown/dark" chocolate, not even in a cake. Although I eat white chocolate.

I agree. I don't mind the texture, but I think I just don't like the taste of cocoa. I love white chocolate.