How many calories?!

Options
What's a "bad day" for you calorie wise? Let's say you've eaten all you calories for the day, around 1600ish, you get home and your boyfriend says let's go for a mwal, cinema and drinks! You think wahay. Or any other similar kind of situation. I would personally find it very easily to consume 2500kcal if I let myself. How about you?

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's one day. Make a healthy choice or just order an appetizer. Don't need to make a pig of yourself.
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    No I know just wondering what other people think is a huge calories intake for a one off?
  • Jayj180894
    Options
    I say I could quite easily eat 2500 because it would be easy, a small meal out a few beers etc
  • Jayj180894
    Options
    Not that I do
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    For a one time deal, no biggie...but I feel uncomfortable when it is spontaneous and unplanned.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    Right now 2300 is my maintenance (still 75lb overweight so its higher). I've had 3 occasions I think in the last 6 months where I ate at or slightly over.

I try to keep my indulgent days at my goal weight maintenance which is around 1500 though, so I'm still in a deficit albeit small.

If your bf does this often perhaps you can encourage him to give you a heads up:) so you can plan for it.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I have had days where I've eaten like close to 3000 calories and my maintenance is about 2200 calories....I think that's one of the higher days I've had. But then again, there are days where I don't track it and it could be even more than 3000 calories without me knowing.

I think I ate 1000 calories in brownies alone last Easter...
  • Jayj180894
    Options
    He's actually really good and makes the effort to eat healthy with me he's very supportive if I do go out, I do try keep my calories down during the day and have a smaller meal out. Which is a win because it only takes a couple of drinks to feel a little drunk so you drink less as well
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    For me, a big one off is any meal that puts me 500-750 calories over maintenance.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Right now my maintenance is around 2100 calories. The day my friends took me out for my birthday I ate and drank over 2800 calories. I have one of those kinds of days maybe every couple of months. Lately though my one offs have been closer to maintenance because I haven't been drinking craft beer on the weekends.
  • xcheyxo18
    xcheyxo18 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I eat under 1500 calories , if I go out with my girlfriend for movies or dinner of course I eat more than expected, but that is a once a week thing if that, I am trying to stay away from eating unhealthy food altogether.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I would estimate my maintenance right now to be around 2,800 calories...my current target is around 2,300 calories. A "bad" day would be eating around 3,000 calories...January tends to be a transitional month for me, so I have quite a few of those along with lower calorie days so I end up pretty much maintaining...then I tend to get on with it in February.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    The answer depends on how obsessed you are with calorie counting. 400 for some dude. 100 for some women. There are even those who have strictly stayed in their allowance for years, ie 1 is 1 too many.

• lmmilbert
    lmmilbert Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am very good most everyday, but there are times when I eat whatever I want without worrying about it and if I was counting I would be close to 4k . That's my max- I can't imagine eating over that, but I have no problem getting to that amount when eating out! 6 garlic parm wings, bacon cheese fries with ranch dressing, 2 White Russians and a hot fudge brownie sundae....my perfect meal!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    2500 isn't even maintenance calories for me. I consider a really good "blowout day" to be 5000+ calories, and that's not at all hard to reach.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    4k easy
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Since it would be going to a really good buffet restaurant near us, and I don't count when I am there, it is purely a guess. That guess would be 4000 calories total for the meal, but it might be less or more.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    A big CONTROLLED day would be 2500. I can easily eat 4000.
  • joaniebalonie088
    joaniebalonie088 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Knowing what I know now, I think my blowout days must have hit 5k or more. A home-cooked big breakfast (biscuits and gravy with breakfast meat, hash browns, and all that) and then maybe a big night out with appetizers (spinach dip, nachos, onion rings, whatever) and dinner (pizza, burger and fries, Italian food, Mexican food, all you can eat sushi, whatever) with 3-4 craft beers would do it easy for me!
  • BiomedDent
    BiomedDent Posts: 107 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    I can pack it away. Tbh if I'm having a treat day or a meal out with the OH I don't log it. I don't wanna stress over a meal I should be enjoying. Or be one of those crazies who insists on only dining at restaurants where the nutritional info is displayed. I used to be one of those crazies! Can't go back to that place lol

Ps I love carbs and cheese. That's my downfall.