It's been 3 weeks!

Options
I have started exercising "properly" meaning I'm going 3-6 times a week and eating a lot healthier. Rather than 0-2x eating rubbish and generally half assed Had a bit of a rubbish week this week but it hasn't deterred me. Anyhow I've been doing this around 3 weeks now and I have quite bad period related symptoms but not an actual period but it's not due for another 2 weeks anyone else experience a differnce in periods when they first started.

Replies

• GemmaM_x
    GemmaM_x Posts: 324 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Periods are funny things. Any shock to your body and its idea of normal can totally throw them off. Keep up the great work and your bits will catch up.

Of course, I am not a doctor and if it continues or you're concerned, visit your GP.
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    They are a blooming pain lol! Thanks for replying! Hoping it will just come and go soon!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i was the same when i first changed my eating and exercise habits. but i agree that if it continues get it checked out.
  • Jayj180894
    Jayj180894 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Aww I'm glad it's a normal thing to happen! But yea if it last any longer I will! I have a doc app next week so if it doesn't come by then, I will mention it
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I have started exercising "properly" meaning I'm going 3-6 times a week and eating a lot healthier. Rather than 0-2x eating rubbish and generally half assed Had a bit of a rubbish week this week but it hasn't deterred me. Anyhow I've been doing this around 3 weeks now and I have quite bad period related symptoms but not an actual period but it's not due for another 2 weeks anyone else experience a differnce in periods when they first started.

Make sure you're eating enough.

Most beginners think they have to starve themselves and push themselves to their limits.

A sustainable plan will let you last the distance without having to give up long before you reach your goal.

You need to eat back at least 50-75% of your estimated calorie burns. The shortfall is to allow for overestimates by fitness trackers.

You need to eat back exercise calories because your My Fitness Pal calorie limit already is set to make you lose weight.

If you don't eat back what you earn from exercise on top of that, after a while you risk losing your period altogether, losing hair, and many other health problems.

Best wishes, and be kind to yourself.