Need Recipes for boneless chicken

Options
ReadySara
ReadySara Posts: 86 Member
Hello MFP,
I was wondering you can help me with recipes for boneless chicken, I usually just eat it boiled and add to whatever am eating that day, like my salad,sauce ect ect but it's getting boring & I need to spicy it up a little.
Please Help me!!!....lol:tongue:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Cook on a grill pan. Top with Cooked spinach seasoned with crushed pepper flakes and garlic and 1 slice of low fat swiss or provolone cheese. Bake til cheese is melted. Serve with Baked red potatoes and vegetable of your choice.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2011/05/grilled-chicken-bruschetta.html

I haven't tried this yet but I found the recipe yesterday and it sounds so so so good! I'm buying groceries today and making it tomorrow for Father's Day!
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    pound out your chicken really thin, add whatever spices to both sides, then put spinach and whatever cheese(i like mozzerlla or provolone) in the middle, roll up, secure with tooth picks and cook in oilive oil.....you can put it over pasta sauce if you want, or just eat it dry. My dad LOVES this
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    www.dashingdish.com

www.skinnytaste.com
  • Riane22
    Riane22 Posts: 18
    Options
    Season chicken however you like it, Broil till done, then add a little bit of rotel tomatoes and crumbled goat cheese. Had it two time this week it was so good! The second time I sauteed some spinage with slices of fresh garlic and red onions and put that under the rotel tomatoes. Great!
  • mandysue1980
    mandysue1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I made this yeaterday http://www.skinnytaste.com/2008/11/crock-pot-chicken-taco-chili-4-pts.html it was very tasty. I used dry beans instead of canned and made my own taco seasoning to cut down on the sodium. I have tried alot of recipes from this site and have not been let down by one of them. I would suggest you do the recipe calculator at http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-calculator.asp to get the correct nutritional information for the ingredients you use.
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Clean, trim and pound cutlets thin - spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray - place cutlets on the cookie sheet -sprinkle lemon juice and some white cooking wine on the cutlets - with a spoon sprinkle some bread crumbs or crumbled bran flakes onto the chicken and spread evenly - sprinkle with lemon/pepper seasoning and then drizzle a little olive oil over cutlets or just spray with the cooking spray if looking to save more calories - flip and do the same to the other side.

Place in a pre-heated 350 oven for 8-10 mins - flip with a spatula and cook another 6-8 mins.

This is great with spinach or asparagus cooked with lemon/pepper, lemon juice & white wine too.
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I put it in the oven with picante sauce on it, yummm. tonight i'm making a pretty healthy gumbo with chicken and sausage http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/sausage-and-chicken-gumbo-recipe.htm
    I'm excited to try it!
  • Melissajojo3
    Melissajojo3 Posts: 100
    Options
    boneless chicken fully cooked with grilled green peppers, onions, 1/2 cup mushrooms, 1 sliced pepper jack cheese, 1 cup cucmubers on the side or stir fry veggies.. mmmmmmm one of my best meals :) all under 400 calories :)
  • doramouse
    doramouse Posts: 160
    Options
    I like things spicy and I found this recipe which I've adapted from someone else who adapted it from Bon Appetit. We eat it with big lettuce leaves as a wrapper and add a little chili paste to it - but then it is super spicy so be careful :)

Sriracha Chicken with Lettuce Wraps
    Marinate in a bag or bowl for an hour or two if you have time - if not - then 20 minutes at least..
    However much boneless skinless chicken you have - cut into tenders or chunks (mine are the 2bite size)

4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
    3 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
    1 Tbsp Sugar

If you have the below ingredients - add them to the marinade, it not, don't worry. I sometimes use powdered ginger (just a little) and some sesame seeds and dried garlic - if I have fresh I use that.......it's flexible
    1/4 - 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
    1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
    1 Tbsp Minced Garlic

Drain off the marinade -
    Bake on a cookie sheet or sheet pan in oven that has been pre-heated to 475 – 500 f until cooked all the way through. I turn my about half way through - Assemble by placing chicken in lettuce and enjoy!

If you can put them on foil, parchment or a sil-plat you'll save yourself a ton of clean up later.
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    After its cooked top with some red pesto and sliced parmensan cheese and then grill til the cheese has melted yummmy!! Oh green pesto works too.

Or

Also when cooked spread with some low fat soft cream cheese & chives and top with breadcreams and grill til crumbs begin to brown.

Both super quick and easy
  • Biffybeans1
    Biffybeans1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Chicken Capri

4 tablespoons low-fat ricotta cheese (Part Skim)
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1 teaspoon fresh parsley, finely minced
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
    2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
    4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
    1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
    2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    4 tablespoons crushed tomatoes
    4 slices reduced-fat mozzarella cheese

1 In a small bowl mash Ricotta Cheese, Parmesan Cheese, Salt, Pepper, Oregano& Parsley together until well blended.
    2 Toss the chicken with the garlic powder and brown in the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 10 minutes per side.
    3 When done remove to a shallow casserole dish to cool slightly.
    4 Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    5 Spoon 1 Heaping serving spoon of Ricotta mixture onto each chicken breast and top with 1 tablespoons of Crushed Tomatoes.
    6 Place one slice of mozzarella cheese on each one and place in the top rack of the oven.
    7 Bake for 20 minutes until a meat thermometer registers 170 deg. farenheit
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Don't know what's it's called but i got it from my mom in law. They have it w/spanish rice but i eat it w/out.
    Brown chicken
    Blend tomatoes and onion until there are no chunks (you can add whole garlic in here too or sprinkle garlic in whichever)
    Once chicken is browned on both sides add the blended mixture and some corn to pot or pan. Add salt, garlic, pepper to taste. Cover and let cook until chicken is fully done.
  • chelsea_carter22
    chelsea_carter22 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    If you need to cook fast, or if you're like me and impossibly lazy, you can cook them in a ziploc microwave steamer bag. You drop in your chicken (I cut up my chicken breasts into smaller servings or buy the "tenderloin" breast cut) and then throw in whatever seasonings you want. It doesn't need additional liquid... and it doesn't need additional fat or oil. I often put in a spoonful or more of minced garlic and some diced onion, and I vary the seasonings - a drizzle of lemon juice, basil, red pepper flakes, etc. But you could get super creative with whatever seasonings or vegetables you want.
  • crr7
    crr7 Posts: 17
    Options
    I like things spicy and I found this recipe which I've adapted from someone else who adapted it from Bon Appetit. We eat it with big lettuce leaves as a wrapper and add a little chili paste to it - but then it is super spicy so be careful :)

Sriracha Chicken with Lettuce Wraps
    Marinate in a bag or bowl for an hour or two if you have time - if not - then 20 minutes at least..
    However much boneless skinless chicken you have - cut into tenders or chunks (mine are the 2bite size)

4 Tbsp Soy Sauce
    3 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
    1 Tbsp Sugar

If you have the below ingredients - add them to the marinade, it not, don't worry. I sometimes use powdered ginger (just a little) and some sesame seeds and dried garlic - if I have fresh I use that.......it's flexible
    1/4 - 1/2 Cup Chopped Green Onions
    1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
    1 Tbsp Minced Garlic

Drain off the marinade -
    Bake on a cookie sheet or sheet pan in oven that has been pre-heated to 475 – 500 f until cooked all the way through. I turn my about half way through - Assemble by placing chicken in lettuce and enjoy!

If you can put them on foil, parchment or a sil-plat you'll save yourself a ton of clean up later.

this sounds really good! I think I might make it tomorrow. THANKS!! (but w/o the sugar) maybe on the george foreman grill??
  • mommamccullough
    Options
    Grilled chicken with Pico de gillo. Yummmmmy. I like to pound my chicken fairly thin. I don't like the texture of chicken so I pound it out. So, grilled chicken with pico, sliced backed sweet potato (they come out crispy like a chip), apple sauce and steamed broccoli and carrots and I came out way under 300 calories for dinner. I still have 900 calories left to use. I just may treat myself to a rootbeer freeze tonight. :)
  • kmwmom
    kmwmom Posts: 15
    Options
    Bump!
    Such great looking recipes :flowerforyou:
  • TTLee
    TTLee Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    Options