Canned Tuna Recipes

2»

Replies

• Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Make a tuna salad with mashed up avocado in lieu of mayo! I just do tuna, avocado, some pepper, a little garlic powder, and green onions if you have em. Super filling
  • twokatlover
    twokatlover Posts: 24 Member
    Tuna cakes! I add egg whites, scallions, a little Dijon and fry.

That sounds good. And I LOVE tuna. Must try. Thanks for your ideas.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    tuna salad usually, or with cheese powder and rice when camping.
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    1 can tuna
    15 grams mayo
    31 grams light cream cheese
    dashes of white pepper, garlic salt, lemon pepper and a bunch of dried tarragon
    appx 240 calories depending on the grams of tuna in the can, which vary widely IME
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    @Hearts_2015 lol. I mix everything together - 1 drained can of tuna, 1-2 egg whites, Dijon, seasonings, scallions and get 2 patties.

I like to put a light mayo/picamas (Guatemalan hot sauce) mixture on them, but have made other mayo based sauces too.
    rr47f6xksr9f.jpg

pdnqxs2oygj6.jpg

giphy.gif
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited January 2017
    1 can tuna
    15 grams mayo
    31 grams light cream cheese
    dashes of white pepper, garlic salt, lemon pepper and a bunch of dried tarragon
    appx 240 calories depending on the grams of tuna in the can, which vary widely IME

cream cheese??!!!
    You Win! :+1: @jessiferrrb
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    @Hearts_2015 lol. I mix everything together - 1 drained can of tuna, 1-2 egg whites, Dijon, seasonings, scallions and get 2 patties.

I like to put a light mayo/picamas (Guatemalan hot sauce) mixture on them, but have made other mayo based sauces too.
    rr47f6xksr9f.jpg

pdnqxs2oygj6.jpg

I'm so trying this! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • caitlinhicken
    caitlinhicken Posts: 16 Member
    Basic southern tuna salad lol. Mayo, sweet pickle relish, salt & pepper. Sometimes I'll throw in some lemon and celery or red onion too. I use about a tablespoon of Hampton Creek Just Mayo. No eggs, no cholesterol, no sugar, but so good. Coming from a mayo fiend lol.
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Tuna cakes! I add egg whites, scallions, a little Dijon and fry.

Yum!

• gigieatss
    gigieatss Posts: 60 Member
    edited January 2017
    Here's one without MAYO! Cause you really do not need mayo to make a good tuna salad!! :)
  • BeautifulBurrr
    BeautifulBurrr Posts: 2 Member
    Omg that sounds sooooo good! I'm trying that this weekend! :)

rr47f6xksr9f.jpg

pdnqxs2oygj6.jpg

• yobigman
    yobigman Posts: 16 Member
    I sprinkle Old Bay seasoning on tuna, and add a stalk of chopped celery.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,111 Member
    I normally make Salmon Fishcakes but guess you could do same with Tuna, you'd have to tweak the recipe to accommodate it but I normally blitz a large can of Red Salmon (bones and all) with 1 large egg, a teaspoon of Dijon Mustard, 2 Table Spoons of Light Mayo and 100g of fresh breadcrumbs. It makes 6 cakes (3 servings of 2). Griddle with a little oil/oil spray depending on your preference over a medium heat. You can store leftover portions in the fridge for a couple of days or freeze

Nutitional info per MFP recipe wizard.
    pcyk5j0j8l34.jpg